Vista Mic Input Too Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdivenx

[H]ard|Gawd
In Vista64, my microphone pickup is set to 100%, and all my applications are also set to use 100% pickup. However, I still get an extremely low input level. This is on a Creative SB Audigy and a Plantronics Gamer Com Headset (Not USB) I have searched the forum as well as Google and have not found any effective advice. Is there something i am overlooking, or should I get some *Different* drivers?

Put in +20db Boost in when choosing recordings settings for your mic and you will be able to hear yourself in the mic. Normal and +10db did not work for me in Vista 64. Of course I have a different problem, I need to lower the sound of everything else except the mic for recording purposes, but can't figure it out:(.

Is the boost option under Sound>Microphone>Properties>Custom? I don't have anything else except a "Do Not Monitor" CheckBox.

Right click the volume icon, select recording devices. In recording devices double click on the microphone. In the microphone menu click the levels tab, and you will have one option for mic volume and another for mic boost.

I am not seeing it =(

volume.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back