Vista: Network disconnect after inactivity

Add 'em

Limp Gawd
I find that when my Vista PC goes into sleep mode (monitor goes off, etc.) when I reawaken it the network has disconnected and must reconnect. This is slightly annoying because I like to run bittorrent pretty much all the time. Anyone know a solution?

I'm using vista business if that is pertinent. Also, I have it set to go into lock mode (i.e. have to log back in after it goes to screen saver).

Check in your Power Management settings, if there's an option for your NIC card.

there is an option there and it's set to "maximum performance" which I assume means it should be on all the time.

Putting your PC to sleep is the very essence to shut down all apps and services - I don't think this NIC setting would keep your connection alive.

If you're running BT, you could just have it power the monitor off and keep everything else on, but enable SpeedStep/CoolNQuiet in Bios and make a profile to downclock your video card to switch to when you go to sleep. That should save you some power, if that's what you're looking for.

Back