Vista RC1 install

gvlada

Weaksauce
What do you recomend? Install Vista as an upgrade to XP Pro or clean install to another partition ( ex. D: while XP is on C: ) or clean install only with Vista RC1? Is there anything important that I should do in any scenario (ex. in dual booting)? Then, which AntiVirus to choose, is Win FireWall good enough to replace ZoneAlarm or Kerio and what about Virtual drives (ex. Daemon tools) is any working? Is Nero 7.5.1.1 compatibile with RC1? Thanks.

I'd say a clean install on a seperate drive is the way to go. To many horrors of lost data . So far, not much in the way of software is working, no Nero for sure, all that did was crash.Lots of dual boot threads over at MS backroom,too.Trend has a free AV that will work with Vista until oct.31 :D Checking out your specs, you shouldn't have any problem installing Vista, because that is what I loaded Vista on a pc with similar specs. one other tip, if you try vista and get it loaded, create a restore point ,after about 15minutes of use, and BEFORE you try to install any drivers. So far, I haven't been able to get my printer up and running.

AVG has been working fine for me. I've been dual booting since Beta 2, just broke off a 30g partition on my C drive and have had no problems so far.

gvlada said:
What do you recomend? Install Vista as an upgrade to XP Pro or clean install to another partition ( ex. D: while XP is on C: ) or clean install only with Vista RC1?
Each one of these options will leave your system in a different state. The question is, what are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to dual boot or just have Vista installed? I wouldn't install Vista as an upgrade at all...I always prefer to do a fresh install of a new OS. Then it depends on if you want XP left intact, or to only have Vista on the machine. I can't see only running Vista right now, unless it's just a test machine.

Back