Vista + Rivatuner = Lower OC?

Porter_

[H]F Junkie
just upgraded to vista, and at the same time upgraded Rivatuner from 2.04 to 2.05. now my max stable OC is 675/1563/945 where as with XP and Rivatuner 2.04 it was 684/1583/972. Not that big of a deal, but just wondering if anyone knows why this happened? Anyone else run into this?

Also, i cant get Rivatuner to be permitted to run on windows startup in Vista. Anyone know how to fix this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

just upgraded to vista, and at the same time upgraded Rivatuner from 2.04 to 2.05. now my max stable OC is 675/1563/945 where as with XP and Rivatuner 2.04 it was 684/1583/972. Not that big of a deal, but just wondering if anyone knows why this happened? Anyone else run into this?

Also, i cant get Rivatuner to be permitted to run on windows startup in Vista. Anyone know how to fix this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thats kind of weird on the change in speed, maybe dirty hs/f on the vidcard, maybe?

But with vista, do you have defender installed and running at startup? That might be blocking your rivatuner's startup.

i have the same problem with vista not letting riva tuner launch at start up.

its actually annoying because when you look at it when reva tuner fails to launch it launches again, and again, and you end up with like 8 instances of riva tuner trying to run. Gotta be damaging to my boot up times :(.

Anyways. What did you do to determine that your OC was stable?

I discovered the max stable OC issue was a result of my side case fan going out. This fan blows directly on the vid card, so my temps were a little high and caused games to crash/lockup.

I would still like a solution to rivatuner at startup if anyone has advice to give. :)

I discovered the max stable OC issue was a result of my side case fan going out. This fan blows directly on the vid card, so my temps were a little high and caused games to crash/lockup.

I would still like a solution to rivatuner at startup if anyone has advice to give. :)

Set it to start-up via the Startup folder, go to startup folder, right click and run as admin. If that doesn't work you'll need to make a task in the Schedule Task, to start up with full admin. I find the second to be the best, gives you alot more options and works well with Sliderbar apps that need admin without killing UAC. And third, kill UAC. Not recommended unless you hate UAC.

Back