Vista x64 'Hide inactive icons'

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
Hi, i recently installed Vista x64 on one of my drives. the good news is that it recognizes all my RAM (4GB), the bad news, so far, is that i no longer have the < or > to show or hide inactive icons (it is normally to the left of the clock and other icons in the bottom right side of the screen). is this a known problem in Vista x64? i have already tried to edit the registry thinking that the problem was there, but it wasn't. i have already enabled the settings in the taskbar so that inactive icons SHOULD hide, but the little arrow (< or >) doesnt show up; just a blank space where it should be.

thanks in advance for any solutions or help.

I don't ever use that feature, because it annoys the hell out of me to hide my icons, but is it possible you just don't have any that are considered "inactive"?

thanks for the reply.

there are some things which have not been accessed for quite some time and are still in the system tray; even if they all were active, the chevron should still be visible.

thanks again. any other suggestions?

Right click on the task bar and select "properties", then select the "notification area" tab at the top and make sure the "hide inactive Icons"
is checked.

Back