Vivinet...yes I know this isn't computer related

Karandras

[H]ard|Gawd
So yeah, just had the Vivinet sales person come to my house and sell us an alarm system with home connect. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guys or of they are just blowing smoke up my ass?

The reason for posting here is this forum has the best people for giving a good honest review.

Thanks.

This sounds like it's VoIP related so I'm moving this thread over to the Networking & Security subforum

do you mean vivint? what type of sells pitch did you get? I use vivint at home and it works great. talk the sales guy down $5 to 20 a month cheaper though. Neighbor sold for them and if the sales guy isn't selling anything, he'll eat a chunk of his commission to make the sell. Pm me if you want any details on specifics

My house had a Vivent system in it when I bought it that has since been removed. It had somekind of cell/3g/something modem in the head unit that I'm guess is how it phoned home. As to how it worked I have no idea it came out the day I moved in...

Previous owners kept trying to use it as a selling point so I would have to assume it was half decent but I have no idea

Looked in to them about a year ago. From what I hear they recently came out with new cameras, but thats about it. You can also expand the system on your own (in fact, they are not electricians so most of the good stuff they cant install anyway). One such device is to get light switches on the home automation network as well.

I liked that they use Alarm.com

Also, you can pre-purchase the hardware (from them) in order to lower your monthly payments.

We use it at home. I can set the alarm from my phone or check the video camera. We also got the key pad door lock. We can let people in the house if we are away. It does use cell service for these features. You can hook up zwave devices to it but I have not tried that yet.

My wife loves the system. I think it costs a bit too much but we got the equipment included in the price. The other thing I didn't like was we had to sign a 3 year contract.

It only took them an hour to install it so that was nice.

Back