VIZIO E550VL 55-inch Full HD 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV - $898+Free shipping

Dylan80

[H]ard|Gawd
VIZIO E550VL 55-inch Full HD 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV -

amazn seems to have it on sale.... warm?

List Price: $1,399.99
Price: $898.00
This item qualifies for the TV Low Price Guarantee, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, and Free 30 Day TV Returns.

You Save: $501.99 (36% off)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B003GDDIW0&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

I bought a nice looking 32" LCD by Vizio 3 Christmas's ago from Walmart and it's still running like new after our daily living room use... but I have been looking to upgrade the man cave TV since its not an "HD" big screen :D. Found this deal online, and it seems like an nice price for a big 55 inch 1080p LCD w/ 120hz... hot?

I know some of you maybe have not heard of Vizio yet, but *supposedly* they are a new reputable electronics company that has been around for a few years now, and have become fairly popular online for quality "bang for your buck" HDTVs with decent picture (apparently based on the decent amount of reviews I have read.) And like I said, I've owned one of their panels for years and it still runs fine soo -shrug-

newegg has them out of stock,but the 55" VIZIO 1080p LCD is much more money..... for $1,209 shipped (out of stock at the moment)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Vizio's quality now rivals that of major competitors of big name brands from what I read in a report..

Vizio's quality now rivals that of major competitors of big name brands from what I read in a report..

Only the newer generation or probably their Top End models. Although they have made hell of lot of improvements. My dad bought a 55 inch plasma and it was a pretty damn good tv, still in the living room. When I first saw it and for a week I thought it was a samsung. LOL

Only the newer generation or probably their Top End models. Although they have made hell of lot of improvements. My dad bought a 55 inch plasma and it was a pretty damn good tv, still in the living room. When I first saw it and for a week I thought it was a samsung. LOL

Yeah, Vizio is definitely better than RCA, Philips or any of those low end crap brands by far.... I got an RCA TV not long ago and the thing just randomly changes volume, channels, and turns on and off at any RANDOM time, even when I block the front panel from getting remote signal. I will wake up to a 100% volume TV sometimes with this POS RCA, and their "warranty" is basically useless and they lie about sending a box 3 times so far..... not one box yet from RCA! My 32 Vizio is 3 years old and still gives no problems compared to that RCA beast.

well each company has a range of models. You can get some low end shit from just about anyone.

Vizio's top end LED made CNET's editors choice LED/LCD of 2010.

but the general consensus is that Vizio is a great value and at most price points, you get a competitive TV.

I recently got a lower end model of the vizio's. 37" 1080p from Target for Christmas, It had a dead pixel, took it back and got another one, it also had a dead pixel, 2 tv's, same problem. I don't think I'll be buying Vizio's anymore, much less from Target (since they didn't want to help me too much)

well each company has a range of models. You can get some low end shit from just about anyone.

Vizio's top end LED made CNET's editors choice LED/LCD of 2010.

but the general consensus is that Vizio is a great value and at most price points, you get a competitive TV.

True. Actually I should have been more clear, I meant to say that their very first models were pretty bad quality, my dad had some in his restaurant and they were pretty horrible. I will be the first one to admit that even their beginner models are comparable to LG and Samsung low end models now days. They have come up quite big time in the last few years.

I recently got a lower end model of the vizio's. 37" 1080p from Target for Christmas, It had a dead pixel, took it back and got another one, it also had a dead pixel, 2 tv's, same problem. I don't think I'll be buying Vizio's anymore, much less from Target (since they didn't want to help me too much)

I'm surprised they took it back for one dead pixel. Most mfgrs have a dead pixel policy, and it is usually considerably more than one before they will RMA. Sounds like great service from Target.
And all LCD and Plasma displays have occasional problems with dead pixels, it is by no means a Vizio only defect.

Back