Vm, rdp, vnc setup query?

gaspah

2[H]4U
i've got a configuration in mind that i would like to implement at home. i don't want to commit to something that'll chew up a lot of time without some advice first.

at the moment i have 3 machines at home (win7x64) that i would like to be able to access remotely and non-intrusively (ie without logging anyone off) but am limited to standard windows rdp outward connection. i don't want to install a terminal server capable version of windows.

i was thinking running a vm on one machine to take the incoming rdp connection then running a remote client (like vnc) from the vm to connect to the host machine and the other machines on the network.

is it possible to route incoming connections to a vm via regular router (belkin)? Also to connect to its own host via vnc? also is vnc the best program for the job? or does anyone have any ideas for a more efficient system to implement (with the constraints of only having outgoing windows rdp available on the client side)?

worst case scenario i do have enough hardware to knock together a portal computer with an old p35 motherboard, cpu, ram etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back