Voltage Question

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
Well I am tired of running my ram at a ratio because I am losing a considerable amount of memory bandiwdth from running my fsb @ 235mhz and my ram @ 188mhz. I have nice corsiar ram, http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-450&depa=0 so I should be able to push it pretty far I'm thinking with just some more volts. Currently I have the volts @ "auto" because I can't figure out what the stock voltage for this ram is. I can't seem to find it at newegg or on corsiar's site. But according to cpu-z the model # of each stick is "CMX512-3200C2". So I looked that particular model up on corsiars site (http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/cmx1024-3200c2.pdf) and it says the stock voltage is 2.75 volts. So how far would it be safe to take the volts up to? They should be able to stand 2.8 or 2.85 I'm assuming if the stock voltage is actually 2.75 volts. Anyways, is the stock voltage 2.75? And is 2.8 or 2.85 safe? Thanks in advance!

yeah. 2.85v is safe, just check after a while at that voltage to make sure they're not too hot (finger test works well here, just make sure you ground yourself to the case first). if it's more than just warm to pretty warm, i'd take it down

(cf)Eclipse said:
yeah. 2.85v is safe, just check after a while at that voltage to make sure they're not too hot (finger test works well here, just make sure you ground yourself to the case first). if it's more than just warm to pretty warm, i'd take it down
Thanks, I will give it a try and report back!

OMFG IM SO SCARED :mad: I set my system back to stock and ran some tests. I then went into the bios and set the ram voltage to 2.85volts and tried 210 fsb and my comp wouldn't boot. So then i turned it off turned it back on and it keeps freezing in the bios. Now i can't even get it to show to bios at all HELP did i killl my comp? Please please help!!!

Edit: I left my comp off since my last post and came back to it. I turned it on and surprisingly got into the bios. I then set the system back to stock as quick as I could and exited and saved. It got into windows and I am typing on it now. It appears to be stable but I have yet to do anything intensive. I guess my ram just doesn't like to be oc'd. O well, nothing I can do really because it's rock stable at it's rated speed and timings.

Back