Vortex Cannon Versus Little Pigs Houses

I wonder how long it takes to recharge and if it will overheat from being fired too often. While very cool, it sounds to me like this is just a giant potato gun, am I right?

It ain't your Daddy's potato gun, that's for sure. But the concept is pretty interesting... as one commenter noted, "Like Guile's Sonic Boom" for the SF fans, which is actually a pretty accurate analogy in some respects.

Was fun to watch, that's for sure...

I don't know too many Brits but I didn't think they are like this all excitable jumping up and down and stuff :D

I would like to see one built the WW II Nazi scale. Their idea was to use giant air guns exactly like this to knock plains out of the air. Needless to say a plane was never shot down with one, but it's never-the-less pretty darn cool how far these things can project a cone of compressed air.

that would be a great non lethal weapon, maybe riot control???

If I was in a crowd and saw a Vortex Cannon gun of that size that being deployed by the cops, I'd probably being crappin' myself and running away at the same time LOL.

You have to admit, those Brits come up with fun shit to do :)

I'd be willing to guess that it's probably still lethal at close range - you can die from the pressure change around an explosion... and this is just a concentrated pressure change powered by an explosion...

I would take my chances with an LRAD or bean bag cannon then that thing. It would be cool though if it could knock down a whole crowd of people :)

Yep, I agree with a lot of the other posters...
The vortex gun is really a neat gadget, but the video went too far to manipulate the situation to get the cannon to "blow down a brick building." It probably wouldn't even do anything to a properly built straw hut, but cool nonetheless.

It would have been more useful in my geek opinion if they added some measurement to the experiment and indicated how fast the pressure wave was traveling, what the pressure difference was, how much energy it contained and how much force per square inch it exerted.
But then it would be more of a science show than an ADHD attention keeping clip. :)

same problem here? are you using windows 7 rc1? i am and the damn video is unwatchable. and i have a super fast connection!!!!!

Stupid brit, brick houses have 4 sides. Cement is also a requirement.

It would take longer to build that stick house than it would to lay that brick wall.. :rolleyes:

i guess you havent been to mexico

Back