VPN and MSB Server problems

roaringsx

Limp Gawd
This is driving me nuts so hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I have a sonicwall TZ170 and I am trying to get the darn VPN to get me connected to the network offsite. Everytime that I try to connect I get a IP time exceeded error and it wont connect.

Now for the logistics. The sonicwall IP is 192.168.5.1 and the server ip is 192.168.5.2 but with MSB you can setup the server with ISA to have a second NIC and set a different IP scheme for the network that is what is the scenario here. The way it is setup is that all internet traffic flows through the server to the router and out to the internet. My internal IP range is 192.168.2.1-254.

I can setup the VPN to connect to the router but that is it. I think that the different IP schemes are what is throwing everything off and I can for the life of me figure this thing out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This is just a response on the fix for this just in case someone else runs into this problem.

What answer I have gotten from Sonicwall is that in order to run VPM on a Small Business Server that runs ISA you need to have incoming and outgoing addresses on the same range. So if your router IP is different than your internal IP this will not work. Both need to be in the same IP range for this to work. Also make sure that your SBS is running DHCP or this will not work right either.

Back