W/C and Computer Transportation

LyL18

Limp Gawd
So, im contemplating on buying a watercooling kit because I do occasionally take my computer over to a friends house or something. How portable would it be if i added a w/c system? I know it shouldnt leak if all fittings are on correct, but is it bad to take watercooled systems places?

Thanks!

nope, not bad at all, the only difference between transporting a WC computer and a regular one is you have to be extra careful to make sure everything is secured before you go about moving it. Also, WCed computers are a lot heavier than their air cooled bretheren.

Go with an Aluminum case. The added weight of a water cooled system comes close or under the weight of going with a steel case. To me, my water cooled system in an aluminum case is lighter than my steel case counterparts.

As mentioned, make sure that your tubing is secured tightly onto the fittings to ensure that your loop won't leak. If your loop leaks, the fittings are the most likely place it will leak from so you want to make sure those are nice and secure.

Also the suggestions about using an aluminum case is correct. I would have to say that my steel case with all of the components in it probably weighs over 100lbs. Never took an actual weight, but I can tell you that it weighs more than my Sony G520s. I wouldn't even attempt to lift my case up unless absolutely necessary, so unless you really want to get fit moving your case around definately go aluminum. :)

Back