w00t! Abit P35-E

KamelRed

[H]ard|Gawd
Just installed my newly arrived Abit P35-E motherboard from Newegg. Fired her up no problems and already OC'ed to 3.6ghz (Prime95 testing now, 1+ hour so far). This is a far cry from the rubbish Gigabyte P35-DS3L board I replaced that had horrible cold boot restarts. :)

I swear its like night and day comparing the Abit to Gigabyte, not only in function but even the CMOS settings seemed a lot more cleaner and easier to read.

welcome to the abit family :)

Haha, thanks. Before I upgraded to the Quad Core and P35 mobos, I was running an Abit nForce2 NF-7S rev. 2 board with a OC'ed AMD 2400+ mobile. I guess I should have stayed with Abit off the bat when I made the giant leap from 1 core to 4 cores. :)

nice.:cool:

What core voltage and hsf? I'm looking at putting together a similar setup

nice.:cool:

What core voltage and hsf? I'm looking at putting together a similar setup

*looks at your sig*

Are you asking about the Intel system or AMD? :D

Intel system has a Zalman CNPS9700 LED heatsink. Not the best for quads but it works and shines blue, lol. I have my voltage set to v1.4875 in bios which CPU-Z reads after vdrop as v1.440.

AMD system has a Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 heatsink and runs at 2.3ghz with a vcore of v1.65.

I love my IP35-E too. All the goodness of the higher end models without anything I don't need, at a price I can afford. I bought it when it was the same price as the Gigabyte P35-DS3R, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Then there's my old AN8-32x, which is definatly The 939 board to get.

Then there's the old BP6.

i wish i could OC my q6600 b3 step

i just dunno how to and scared i will fuk up my gfx card ;p

but the abit is just nice at the price

just the double boot lets it down by one point ;p but its all good ;p

i wish i could OC my q6600 b3 step

i just dunno how to and scared i will fuk up my gfx card ;p

but the abit is just nice at the price

just the double boot lets it down by one point ;p but its all good ;p

how does overclocking your cpu effect your video card? :confused: if anything, i think your referring to boards that don't have a pci bus lock. which most boards now a days have so i don't see why you should worry.

double boot solved in beta 13 bios, at first i wasn't annoyed by it but then it got to me so i updated to beta 13, now nomore double boot but only if you cut power to the psu from the wall.

i love mine as well, great board for the price. i love the FanEQ function especially :)

i read some where you have to set GFX 2 certian freq so u dont OC it as well

and i don have a floppy disk drive to update my bios XD

or can u do it with a USBflashdrive?

or do i just update on windows?

as you can tell i don like playing around with my bios ;p

The PCI-E freq should be set at 100 (& locked there) by default.

You can flash the BIOS from a bootable USB memory stick or CD as well as a floppy.
You can also flash in Windows using FlashMenu but it's inherently riskier.

wOOt!! is right, i have only had my IP35-E running for 2 weeks with a E6750 at 3.2 Ghz easily, . i love it, and know it will do more than 3.2.. i have to ask santa for a quad.

Not another abit IP35-E love in :rolleyes:

I'm stoked with mine! :D Hit 3GHz on a B3 Q6600 at stock voltages.

It deserves every bit of kudos coming its way, abit hit the ball right out the park with this one.

Are new boards still shipping with the double boot issue? I'm looking for a cheap motherboard for another computer, but would like it to be as problem and hassle-free as possible.

The board I got from Newegg has older v11 bios which have the double boot. I read up on v13 bios which apparently fixes it but some people were having other issues with it, so I decided to stay with what I got. At least with the Abit it keeps CMOS settings when it double boots unlike my old Gigabyte DS3L.. :rolleyes: Also a easy way to avoid the issue would be to use Hibernation or Sleep mode when you can. It was a life saver with my old motherboard mentioned above.

Are new boards still shipping with the double boot issue? I'm looking for a cheap motherboard for another computer, but would like it to be as problem and hassle-free as possible.

It depends whether the BIOS has been updated tbh, bit of crap shoot but it is very easy to update if it isn't.

Note that this seems to be common to all mobo's that have the "budget" version of the P35 chipset.

Also be aware that if you unplug your PC it will still double-boot from a cold start, I don't think there'll ever be a BIOS that'll fix this completely (for any make of mobo that has this version of the P35 chipset).

Don't let it put you off though, it adds a few extra seconds to boot time and its never really bothered me, however, if you mostly leave your PC still plugged in at the wall socket and the BIOS is up-to-date, then for you it is fixed.

the double boot is really not an issue with me. it is a very minor thing compared to the positive factors of this board.

I can't wait to order mine along with a 6750 :D

::edit::

are any of you running the Corsair HX series PSUs?

i am with no issues at all. if you do happen to have a issue with it, then reseat the cpu and clear CMOS (doesn't have to be in that order :)). a guy over at XS had an issue with no post using a HX520. someone suggested the above and it worked.

Is the main difference between the IP35-E and the Pro the uGuru, firewire, and solid caps that the IP35-E doesn't have?

Is the main difference between the IP35-E and the Pro the uGuru, firewire, and solid caps that the IP35-E doesn't have?

in addition to that, it also doesn't have RAID capability and only 4 SATA connectors.

corsair 550 PSU here, just got my IP35-E ....... waiting for my processor to get here and im gonna give it a spin, never OC'ed but i plan on it on this machine, any things I pointers for a first timer on the IP-35?

corsair 550 PSU here, just got my IP35-E ....... waiting for my processor to get here and im gonna give it a spin, never OC'ed but i plan on it on this machine, any things I pointers for a first timer on the IP-35?

if you've built a system before, it shouldn't be hard. its very straight forward with this board, no tricks other than the corsair issue i posted about a few posts up. only if you have that issue of course :)

That's so freaking awesome! I just recently got mine too on Thursday and I have yet to overclock it.

I'm just wondering what version of BIOS are you guys using? Right now I'm currently using the beta one i think. It's the latest version that fixes the double boot and I found it on the abit forums website. I'm just wondering because my last ABIT board (kn8-sli), at first was doing something weird and choking either my cpu or video card and getting really bad fps in games until I flashed the BIOS. I'm just wondering because I wanted to get the best out of my build :D!

guys one quick question

will the
thermalright 120 extreme fit??

or will it hit the bridge heat sink ??

it looks like it will fit on the thermalright site . cause they use the big asus board's heatsink as example

just need to make sure

That's so freaking awesome! I just recently got mine too on Thursday and I have yet to overclock it.

I'm just wondering what version of BIOS are you guys using? Right now I'm currently using the beta one i think. It's the latest version that fixes the double boot and I found it on the abit forums website. I'm just wondering because my last ABIT board (kn8-sli), at first was doing something weird and choking either my cpu or video card and getting really bad fps in games until I flashed the BIOS. I'm just wondering because I wanted to get the best out of my build :D!

beta 14 was just released. its no different than beta 13 but guys over on abit forums are happy with it. i'm personally still on beta 13, probably the next time i update will be for 45nm cpu support.

guys one quick question

will the

it looks like it will fit on the thermalright site . cause they use the big asus board's heatsink as example

just need to make sure

i would say it fits. i have a Ultima-90 and while its not as wide as a 120X, i say its pretty close. please note though that i have a aftermarket NB heatsink so i'm not 100% sure. also, the only cpu coolers that i know have issues with the IP35-E's NB heatsink is the AC Freezer 7 Pros.

Joining the Abit FTW club, though I have a 975x AW9D-MAX. Still a badass board, though :D

fastlolve1.png

guys one quick question

will the

just need to make sure

Yes it fits no bother, the attached CPU fan however (due to direction and where I've placed it) sits near enough on top of my RAM.

Another thing to consider is whether the TRUE120 will fit in your case.

Any of you guys running firestix in one? On xtremesystems they seem to sound like this boards like the old DFIs where they are picky for certain ram but I hardly think my Micron D9 Firestix are bad, do they run in this thing?

Also any of you guys have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L before and if so why did you switch?

IP35 board dont like some pc2-800 ram, you need to yo the voltage to 1.9 or high and it works fine, found this out on my abit 35 and some ocz 6400

Also any of you guys have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L before and if so why did you switch?

I switched because I broke mine in half due to frustrating boot up issues. Sure, the Abit's have a "dual boot" issue (fixed in later bios updates) but the Gigabyte had a "who knows when it will boot" issue that would reset CMOS settings so I spent many hours in reboot hell trying to regain my OC settings. For a lot of people the DS3L runs fine and more power to them, but for me it was a needless source of anger and frustration.

Back