Wal-Mart Scammed Into Selling PS4s For $90

People are going to get fired over this, and it won't be management or executives, but hey, enjoy your discounted game console.

Honestly every person who does this deserves to get arrested and charged with fraud or shoplifting at minimum. This is straight out theft and they know it.

While, I don't have a problem taking advantage of a price mistake (the apology coupon they send is worth it), but forcing another retailer to take advantage of what you clearly know is not valid, is fraud.

I'm glad nobody at [H] is a big enough piece of shit to do this.

Oh wait:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1841675

Stuff like this is exactly what is wrong with people today. An increasing number of people no longer differ right from wrong as it is all about their entitled selves. People like this will use all sorts of excuses like the cliche anti corporation arguments, but at the end of the day it is all about committing fraud.

Way to ruin a good thing by bragging about it.

Morons.

Wow. Some real asshats. I like a bargain as much as the next guy, but this is just being a dick. When retailers stop price matching and mention this, don't start bitching. It takes the few assholes to ruin it for the rest of us.

lol I don't know about the legality of the issue but I personally think when you hire dumb employees and try to save money on them so much these are the types of things that happen. I am sure walmart won't be declaring bankruptcy anytime soon and when you try to run any system to game your competitors someone is bound to abuse it. They are actually lucky the abuse happened on a small fraudulent scale and not at the level of a big company like amazon actually putting the price to 90, getting many match it then canceling all orders leaving the brick and mortar retailers with $300 loses in the thousands.

That's the problem when someone tries to be nice. They'll get taken advantage of. And I'm not talking about Walmart. Even in another thread where a company was giving free codes to pirates, and someone brought up the notion that some pirates will probably just sell them for real money. You don't like to believe that people could be that low, but every day, there's a new story about how low the depths of humanity can sink. It just happens that Walmart is the victim.

It's honestly more stupidity from the merchant, price matching 3rd party sellers, printed out ads modified by who knows who not even verifying with the merchant themselves... Insanity, if you want to sell below your cost, that's on you. Stupid practices wins them stupid prizes.

Eh, this is strictly an issue of Walmart hiring the bottom of the barrel and then implementing a price matching policy without bothering to train their bottom of the barrel employees on how to execute it. No sympathy for one of the cheapest, morally bankrupt corporations out there.

Manager are bad I can attest you think my posts are bad =)
I've delt with some of the worse Managers know to man...

No sympathy for one of the cheapest, morally bankrupt corporations out there.

Yea, let the government take them over and see how it goes.:eek:

Before you rip a new one to all those people who are unfortunately enough to have to work at Walmart did anyone consider that maybe the employees may have taken it as some insane pre-Black Friday sale? While yeah the PS4 does have MAP rules on it, that's a different issue all together.

This is fraud, no matter how you try to justify it. Posting your receipt with all that info on it and not paying cash is just stupid. I'm sure their is surveillance too.

This is fraud, no matter how you try to justify it. Posting your receipt with all that info on it and not paying cash is just stupid. I'm sure their is surveillance too.

Not fraud, just walmart not being willing to pay enough to employ and train people to be smart enough to distinguish between a marketplace seller and an item sold by Amazon. A rather low bar if you ask me. In this case, you get what you pay for, and walmart didn't pay spend enough on their labor.

Not fraud, just walmart not being willing to pay enough to employ and train people to be smart enough to distinguish between a marketplace seller and an item sold by Amazon. A rather low bar if you ask me. In this case, you get what you pay for, and walmart didn't pay spend enough on their labor.

A business, any business for that matter having insufficient training does NOT justify Fraud. This the very definition of fraud and those who participated in it should face consequences. Anyone with an IQ high enough to go to the store and make a purchase should know damn well there isn't any valid reason those systems would EVER be discounted that much.

A business, any business for that matter having insufficient training does NOT justify Fraud. This the very definition of fraud and those who participated in it should face consequences. Anyone with an IQ high enough to go to the store and make a purchase should know damn well there isn't any valid reason those systems would EVER be discounted that much.

Anyone employed by Walmart and granted price matching authority should have an IQ [or training] high enough to [strike=]go to the store and make a purchase should[/s] know damn well there isn't any valid reason those systems would EVER be discounted that much.

Anyone employed by Walmart and granted price matching authority should have an IQ [or training] high enough to [strike=]go to the store and make a purchase should[/s] know damn well there isn't any valid reason those systems would EVER be discounted that much.

Once again, Doesn't excuse the person who did it. Ever hear the saying Two wrongs don't make a right? Twist it however you like to try and justify it, it is theft period.

As I said, no matter how you try to justify it, it's fraud. Lets look at the definition: "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain".

As I said, no matter how you try to justify it, it's fraud. Lets look at the definition: "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain".

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m11/i17/s02
But when we asked Wal-Mart if it would honor Amazon third-party merchants, we were surprised when it said yes. Wal-Mart spokesperson John Forrest Ales said Wal-Mart was committed to being the "everyday low-price leader across every retail channel for the long term."
There's no deception. People provided a valid price match listing according to walmart policy and walmart employees accepted it. The burden is on walmart's employees to say "No, this is too low, we can't price match this." The only individual potentially committing fraud would be the 3rd party seller on amazon if they did not intend to sell any at that price.

That's like blaming a woman that she wasn't fast enough on her toes to avoid a black eye, rather than placing the blame with the guy who threw the punch, lmao!

So if Walmart doesn't train their loss prevention staff well enough, and you figure out a clever way to hide computer memory in your jacket and walk out of the store, is that Walmart's fault too?

Cmon, I'm all about price-matching but everyone knew damn well that they were trying to scam a business, so at least own up and don't pretend its not theft. Whats next, run stop signs on the way home from Walmart and blame the mayor for not training the police force well enough to catch you, so they deserve it? :D

There's no deception. People provided a valid price match listing according to walmart policy and walmart employees accepted it.
No they didn't, they provided a BS price or they would have just bought it on Amazon in the first place. Its no different from knowingly finding a price mistake on Walmart.com and then ordering 50 of the item to resell on Ebay hoping they won't catch it.

This isn't even about morals, but not being a hypocrite and owning up to when you're stealing. That's all that really annoys me. Just say, Yes, I was trying to steal from Walmart... bam. Done. Reminds me of that recent scam at Walmart where everyone on food stamps found out that even if they only had 1 cent left on their account, they could checkout with hundreds of dollars of merchandise and it would go through, so hundreds of people showed up and crammed everything and anything from the shelves onto their shopping carts to rush to the cashier, they caught on, and then the entire store had to be sht down because there were hundreds of shopping carts full of merchandise and people just walked out when they realized the scam didn't work, and they had to restock the shelves of the entire store.

That's like blaming a woman that she wasn't fast enough on her toes to avoid a black eye, rather than placing the blame with the guy who threw the punch, lmao!

So if Walmart doesn't train their loss prevention staff well enough, and you figure out a clever way to hide computer memory in your jacket and walk out of the store, is that Walmart's fault too?

Cmon, I'm all about price-matching but everyone knew damn well that they were trying to scam a business, so at least own up and don't pretend its not theft. Whats next, run stop signs on the way home from Walmart and blame the mayor for not training the police force well enough to catch you, so they deserve it? :D
If I could punch walmart in the face every day, I would. I didn't get in one this deal, but I would not have felt bad about doing so.

And don't get me started on stop signs. What a waste of fuel. Most should be replaced by Yield signs in the non-dominant direction of travel.

No they didn't, they provided a BS price or they would have just bought it on Amazon in the first place. Its no different from knowingly finding a price mistake on Walmart.com and then ordering 50 of the item to resell on Ebay hoping they won't catch it.

This isn't even about morals, but not being a hypocrite and owning up to when you're stealing. That's all that really annoys me. Just say, Yes, I was trying to steal from Walmart... bam. Done. Reminds me of that recent scam at Walmart where everyone on food stamps found out that even if they only had 1 cent left on their account, they could checkout with hundreds of dollars of merchandise and it would go through, so hundreds of people showed up and crammed everything and anything from the shelves onto their shopping carts to rush to the cashier, they caught on, and then the entire store had to be sht down because there were hundreds of shopping carts full of merchandise and people just walked out when they realized the scam didn't work, and they had to restock the shelves of the entire store.

Look, if someone wants to steal from Walmart, they just pick up what they want and walk out the front door. Or the side door. I tried to check out in the garden section one time and couldn't find a cashier there or in sporting goods for 15 minutes, so I eventually just went to the front, even though I'd parked at the side, where there's easy access. At any rate, if someone had wanted to steal from walmart, they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of getting a price match and paying. If their walmart is anything like the walmarts around me they probably had to wait over an hour to get a manager to approve the pricematch...

I am shocked the walmart system allows someone besides a manager to discount below cost. I know at BestBuy I could pretty much price match up to the products cost and then it needed manager override. There was also some weirdness with MAP, sometimes the system would't let you price match below that value without an override.

Either way walmart got owned by their lack of training. Doesn't sound like fraud to me.

you mad you didn't get to scam Walmart?

Scam a mega-corp, that's a good one.
Really, that's funny.

Their accounting forms round to higher digits than they would have lost here, literally.
Give me a break.

Back