Wallpaper Dual Screen windows 7?

nowwhatnapster

Limp Gawd
So i have two 1920x1200 monitors in dual monitor setup, and i want to get a nice panoramic picture to span across them, but cant figure out how to do it.

Advice?

I've been using Ultramon for a number of years (maybe 8 or 9) and I have been very happy with it.
Used it XP, then Vista, and now in 7.

heh, i thought of ultramon, but last time i used it was like 4 years ago and it wasn't all that great.

just installed it, im glad to see its did not interfere with the aero theme. guess ill give it a shot.

thx

What is Ultramon or like programs changing that allow this to happen? I'm curious to why Windows doesn't support this out of the box and how this program is accomplishing this. Does it a have lot of overhead?

Just paste the pictures together into a 3840x1200 picture using your image editor of choice, and then select the picture as your background and choose "tile"

Last edited:
What is Ultramon or like programs changing that allow this to happen? I'm curious to why Windows doesn't support this out of the box and how this program is accomplishing this. Does it a have lot of overhead?

An option for these types of programs allow you to choose different wallpapers for each monitor (another important feature is extending the taskbar across the monitors). I guess typically multimonitor walls come in multiple parts and need Ultramon or whatever to set them up. But as the person above me said, I just paste the wallpapers together and tile it.

I used to use Display Fusion to display different wallpapers on different monitors. It worked reasonably well.

The main reason I use Ultramon is for the Taskbar, it shows the open apps and folders on the taskbar of the screen they are on.

set the monitor on the left as main, select the dual screen wallpaper, set it to "tile" mode. done.

DisplayFusion does this... exactly. Span an image across 2 monitors; adjust scaling; position each section independently; etc. Flawless. I have a panoramic photo from the porch at my cottage, span it across 23" (16x9) 1920x1080, over to a 19" (4:3) 1280x1024. Scale each half, position them how I want. Perfect. Also supports dual taskbars which IMO is one of its best features.

Ultramon
I love it, especially the task bar spanning and functioning like it should. I only wish the clock could go on the 2nd screen.

As others have suggested, stick with Ultramon. Used it for years and it works great. And I agree that wallpaper functionality on multiple monitors should be something built into the OS.

Back