Walmart To Offer Price-Matching On Black Friday

I'm looking forward to more YT videos of stampedes that will surely happen at various WMs, esp. those in ghetto locaitons. :D

another trick is "identical" some very similar looking items will have a slighly different product number for the walmart/best buy etc version.
For instance the sonybose 3498yt might be called the 3498yt-x because they put in a cheaper version of some of the chips so that walmart could help you live better through lower prices.

Yeah, they do a lot of that.

Still, the price matching is good for DVDs, BDs, kid's toys, etc. Stuff that might be the same across stores. Just not so great for electronics.

Hell, even during the normal non-xmas times of the year, Walmart and Sam's have electronics models with slightly different numbers to avoid pricematching.

How is this new? When I stood in the checkout line at Best Buy for a couple of hours years ago, it quickly became apparent that the line was so slow because they were doing manual price overrides for every person that wanted to price match. I didn't realize that it was uncommon not to price match on BF.

There will be hardly any overlap. Many of the Black Friday deals are specific custom models made for one chain of stores. For example. last year Walmart had a "TomTom 155" GPS, which TomTom's website didn't list (they only had a 150). It turns out that model was a specific production run for Walmart's black Friday sales.

It isn't necessarily crap (I actually bought one), but they do stuff like this, mainly to hinder your attempts to see if what you're getting is really a good deal (because no other store sells a comparable item).

In my experience everyone is really friendly and has a great time. Might not be that way in every town, though.

you must live in canada mate
around here people push and pull each other just to buy stupid craps they don't need
:D

Usually these price matches are contingent on the competitor having the item in stock. Come BF, I doubt that will be true on any highly desirable deals and will take FOREVER to call and check stock.

Usually these price matches are contingent on the competitor having the item in stock. Come BF, I doubt that will be true on any highly desirable deals and will take FOREVER to call and check stock.

I doubt that's something Walmart will really care about here, though...it's Walmart! They have the competitor's stock too.

They probably hve special 'Walmart SKUs' of otherwise identical products that make them 'not identical enough' to be matched. I'm going to spend BF with family not out doing some shallow unfulfilling consumer-whoring, but best of luck to everyone who does!

Back