Warcraft 3?

jbltecnicspro

[H]F Junkie
Hey all, am currently playing Warcraft 2 and enjoying it. Eventually would like to try the third installation of the series.

Basically - I’m confused. I know of the reforged debacle and my question is. Can I just get a disc version of the game and play that? I have no interest in online play. From what I gathered if I got the disc I’d still have to upgrade to reforged. Is this true?

You can still play singleplayer just fine on the CD version of the game with the latest retail patch, 1.27b. Make sure you have The Frozen Throne expansion installed also before running that patch though. If you only have the base game installed use this patch file instead.

There is more information on running the retail version of the game at PCGamingWiki. I run it on my Windows XP machine. Runs great. One thing to note though is if you are using a wide screen, the image will be stretched (unlike with Reforged).

Really is amazing how they dropped the ball on something so easy.
The company they outsourced it to is still responsible for the patches. The most recent one destroyed the game balance looking at the Blizzard forums.

Back