Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 75% off

Thanks for the linkage! I remember Steam had this on sale for $25 and I was still iffy about it.

You should remove the referral link, or the mod will do it for you. Thanks for the deal though.

No problem.

I don't see why the mods would not want you to save the $2 extra? Using a referral link is the only way to do that.

Nice. Trying to get this while its cheap. Got to checkout and then the site ker-plunked on me.

NM. Finally went through after lots of refreshing. Good deal.

[H]ot much? I'm getting this from greenman:

"Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

But maybe that's just me... Apparently it is not.

Last edited:
[H]ot much? I'm getting this from greenman:

"Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

But maybe that's just me... Apparently it is not.

Mine did the same thing, but I still got the email with the key in hand. Just need to get home and enter it in sometime.

I highly recommend purchase of this game. I got it on preorder, and I must say it is highly entertaining, over the top, and generally hilarious in its attempt to be serious.

Good gameplay, fun animations, and it can get very challenging very fast, but not frustrating. Multiplayer is also bundles of fun.

Yeah, the GMG site is pretty unstable, but luckily you don't have to use it for more than getting the Steam activation code.

Steam now has it on sale too but at about five bucks more and without the cashback.

No problem.

I don't see why the mods would not want you to save the $2 extra? Using a referral link is the only way to do that.

I have consistently had my link removed by mods for GMG deals. I think even when I later changed to mentioning the details in the OP and to PM me for the link, that was removed as well. It was only fine until after I only mentioned you can get cash back and to PM me with how.

It's a really stupid, I've seen quite a few awesome deals not be able be posted because of the stupid rule. Spam is one thing, but a deal is a deal, a mod should be able to differentiate between the two.

As for the deal, I thought this game was gonna be awesome from all the hype before it came out, with lots of classes and customization... but it turned out to be a one-button masher.
Probably will not bite.

Last edited:
It's a really stupid, I've seen quite a few awesome deals not be able be posted because of the stupid rule. Spam is one thing, but a deal is a deal, a mod should be able to differentiate between the two.

I agree, and since it's still untouched I guess the [H] guys are cool and clever. :D

I got in on this the last time it was 75% off.
After playing through it, I'd have felt better with it at $5-$7.50.
It's very linear, not particularly long, and the story doesn't seem terribly original.

For those of you with questions on the referral policy, there's a good explanation here:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1628346

If you still want to talk about it, please leave the discussion out of this thread, and PM me instead. I'll be glad to spend a little time going over it if it helps, but don't think you're going to change the rule by discussing it with me, it's just not going to happen.

I got in on this the last time it was 75% off.
After playing through it, I'd have felt better with it at $5-$7.50.
It's very linear, not particularly long, and the story doesn't seem terribly original.

Well the story is just there so you have an excuse to tear open some Orc assholes. None of the 40K games has had a deep and involved storyline. Unless I missed something :p

Well the story is just there so you have an excuse to tear open some Orc assholes. None of the 40K games has had a deep and involved storyline. Unless I missed something :p

I'm not asking for The Odyssey or anything, but there was hardly enough storyline here to fill a saturday morning cartoon.

Almost beat it last night. I'll proably try it co-op next. BTW, I saw on Steam after activating my key I also had a install button for Dawn of War 2 Retribution. Did that come with the Space Marine purchase as well?

Almost beat it last night. I'll proably try it co-op next. BTW, I saw on Steam after activating my key I also had a install button for Dawn of War 2 Retribution. Did that come with the Space Marine purchase as well?

Not I, but I had already purchased it before.

All the older DOW/DOWII games are on sale for 6.79/piece.

Good deal for those that missed some expansion packs.

Most of the 40k games are for fans of the IP anyways, and there is a ton of story. Havent played the Space Marine game though so cant say anything about that.

DoW 2 Retribution Multiplayer Free Weekend

I can see there are a ton of extra stuff you can buy for DoW 2 Retribution. Does any of the extra content add to actual playing time ?

I can see there are a ton of extra stuff you can buy for DoW 2 Retribution. Does any of the extra content add to actual playing time ?

Not really.
Retribution single player is really only a few maps that you end up replaying over and over with each race.

I guess you might count the Tau commander as taking extra time if you're a Last Stand fan, it's another 20 levels to grind.

As for the deal, I thought this game was gonna be awesome from all the hype before it came out, with lots of classes and customization... but it turned out to be a one-button masher.
Probably will not bite.

Your loss. This game is a lot of fun.

I paid full price for it when it came out and don't regret it one bit. Wish i could say the same for that pile MW3.

Probably will not bite.
There is a ton of customization in multiplayer. it's ALMOST as fun as designing an actual miniature. And lets face it, thats a large part of actual 40k. Obviously you dont have nearly as much freedom as painting a miniature by hand and adding various bitz, but Relic gives you quite a bit of freedom in this.

If anyone has a -33% coupon for valve I'd like to get the game.

I honestly quite enjoyed this game. The biggest 'flaw' I could give it is that they've seperated the community to much with the DLC bullcrap. If they would have just given the DLC's for free the multiplayer community would be a lot more alive.

The texture work / models for the NPC's in this game are fantastic. It really is a good looking game in that regard.

I honestly quite enjoyed this game. The biggest 'flaw' I could give it is that they've seperated the community to much with the DLC bullcrap. If they would have just given the DLC's for free the multiplayer community would be a lot more alive.

The texture work / models for the NPC's in this game are fantastic. It really is a good looking game in that regard.

They also need a better match making system along with greatly reducing the price of DLC.

The match making isn't really all that fixable. The core problem is a matchmaking/p2p system when the player base is relatively very small, fragmented over quite a few game modes, and a game that is more latency dependent and with higher player counts (contrasted with RTS games which Relic normally makes).

Back