Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - 25% off on Steam

Good game, different from the normal RTS. I played through the campaign, and am now getting stomped in multiplayer.

I've been playing this game soley co-op with a friend through the campaign and it has been really fun...havn't tried any other aspect of it yet. I really liked the first one too.

the reviews on amazon don't sound very good
i don't think this is worth 37 dollars
maybe $15 or $20 ?

ill wait for $30 or less, try the demo though lots of people had problems connecting with the games for windows live bullshit. took me hours of trying shit a few nights to get it to work. im still skeptical that those issues are solved in the released version. it was fun, but its nothing like how dawn of war plays other than you have to capture things and kill the enemy, its in the same universe but plays totally different. although tank rushes or bumrushes sometimes still work. tactics are more important here.

Great price. would pick it up if I didnt just buy Demigod :/

Anyone have any opinions of this game?

the single player and what little coop i've done are some of the best mastered game experiences i've ever had. i'm nearing the end of the game, starting to hit level caps, and am horrified to think my fistful of brutalizing ass kicking squads are almost done. the single player is the best single player RTS experience i've ever seen.

i've only done two skirmishes and two mutliplayer maps, but i have to say, i think i like Dow1 multiplayer a lot more. the "small handful of highly trained units" philosophy that drives the single player is lost, and the remaining multiplayer feels like a chaotic incomplete afterthought. that being said, my experience was very limited, and there is a lot of careful decision making that blew over my head that may make it a fantastic game.

edit: btw, purchased at go gamer dot com for $35 ~3 weeks ago.

I am in love with the single player campaign.

I seriously hate the multiplayer matching service.

I'm level 1 fighting level 30's?

Fuck that. This far along in the release period, that shows extreme lack in support.

Co-oped through the single player and had a pretty decent time. Jumped online to multi-player and thought it was bland and brought nothing to the table. There are not alot of Maps either.

If you are getting it for the single player/co-op, its worth 30. If you want some online multi-player action I would say its a skip.

Go gamer has it for 35, and I thought it was on sale over the weekend for 29 there.

Back