Warm 120gb sata2 ocz drive 55shipped after 10mir

Spike..

Gawd
Maybe a decent game drive?? Anyone know how reliable these are since they are an older drive?

LINKY

Condition: New
Packaging: Retail

Warranty: 3 Year
Manufacturer: OCZ

Model: VTXPLR2-25SAT2-120G

Features Include:

120GB hard drive capacity
Max Read: up to 250MB/s
Max Write: up to 155MB/s
Random Write 4KB: 7,800 IOPS
Random Read 4KB: 22,000 IOPS
SATA II
3Gbps compatible interface
Indilinx Arowana FTL with HyperQueuing
up to 128MB Onboard Cache
TRIM Support and background garbage collection
Shock Resistance up to 1500 G
MLC NAND Flash / RAID Technology
Boot time reduction optimization
ES and automatic encryption
Slim 2.5" Design
Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 70°C
Ambient Temp: 0°C ~ 55°C
Storage Temp: -45°C ~ 85°C
Low Power Consumption: 1.67W active,0.48W idle
Shock Resistant up to 1500G
RAID Support
MTBF: 1.5 million hours
Compatible with Windows XP or later, Linux & Mac OSX
Dimensions (L x W x H): 3.9 x 2.7 x 0.4"
Weight: 3.6 oz.
Package Includes:
OCZ Vertex Plus R2 Series 2.5" 120GB Solid State Drive

OCZ Drives are not very reliable. I saw that and was like OMG till i saw is was OCZ :( what a waste

Yeah I'd avoid Vertex+. If you need it for something that can't use sata2 speed anyway, such as a slow cpu box (atom/netbook/sempron) it probably will be OK.

Outside of that, I'd probalby pay the extra $15-$20 and get an Crucial m4 or intel 330 or vertex3...

Yeah I'd avoid Vertex+. If you need it for something that can't use sata2 speed anyway, such as a slow cpu box (atom/netbook/sempron) it probably will be OK.

Outside of that, I'd probalby pay the extra $15-$20 and get an Crucial m4 or intel 330 or vertex3...
I'll pick up an 830 or M4 over this any day for more $$$. Newegg has too many posts about data corruption with this drive. And I'm not in the mood to deal with OCZ's mandatory forum support in the event that I have issues.

I wouldn't buy this. Newegg reviews on the original vertex plus were at 50% failure rate, this looks like a revised vertex plus though I would still expect it to die quickly upon purchase.

FYI.

Its $70 at Newegg with free shipping After Rebate while $55 with Shipping After rebate at 1saleaday. Newegg is probably easier for returns is the main reason I point this out. Don't know if any failure issues would kick in that soon.

Btw, I thought the failure issue was a firmware thing that got fixed a while ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227812

-correction from ironwolf

Last edited:
FYI.

Its $70 at Newegg with free shipping After Rebate while $65 with Shipping at 1saleaday. Newegg is probably easier for returns is the main reason I point this out. Don't know if any failure issues would kick in that soon.

Btw, I thought the failure issue was a firmware thing that got fixed a while ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227812

Reason why you are not comparing prices apples-to-apples, ie. with MIR's on both?

Back