Warm - 20% off most BYOPC parts at Microcenter

skudmunky

[H]ard|Gawd
http://microcenter.com/
scroll down below all the vista crap and you'll see it

This is online and in retail stores, (at least the one near me) pretty much every PSU, Motherboard, and PCI-Express graphics card they carry is 20% off. (as well as external drive enclosures) This makes a few pretty good deals like the E4300 for 162.99 and an EVGA 7300GS for 52.99, or EVGA 7900GS for 140 after instant and MIR. In constrast, the gigabyte DS3 only drops down to 135.99, which is about the same as current online prices. Got some interesting looking PSUs too.

The 20% off tends to bring the price down 10 or 20 dollars cheaper than newegg prices, which is great for those of us who can walk right in.

I'm not seeing the deal here. Do you have to click something to get the discount?

Just did the math on that deal. Even after the sales tax where I am it would be cheaper to do the 20% off with in store pickup.

I'm not seeing the deal here. Do you have to click something to get the discount?

Just did the math on that deal. Even after the sales tax where I am it would be cheaper to do the 20% off with in store pickup.

as far as I can tell all the prices are applied on the site right now, without the previous price listed. When you scroll down on the page, right below all the vista products it says

"Build Your Own and Save 20% »" and then shows a few BYOPC parts below that. I'm going out there tonight or tomorrow night to pick up 2 E4300s and DS3s and possibly a PSU or DVD drive.

The 20% off really seems like it is already there.

Example:

They have the Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt listed for $279.99 when usually it sells for around $349.99.

$349.99 x .80 = $279.99

The best price on Froogle from a trustworthy site is $319.99. I wanted to get the 850 Watt Galaxy
when it reached $250 but this may be too good to pass up!

Not bad PC Power & Cooling 750 silencer $219 vs $249 at the Egg. Definetly worth a look. Thanks OP.

Does anyone have the ad? I would like to know how long this promotion is going to last. The
details are somewhere on pages 23-27, and those pages of the ad are not on the website. :(

Yeah guys check out the hdds, crazy deals, 500gb sata 7200 rpm for 100 bucks with free shipping, I've seen that almost all the hdds have free shipping

Does anyone have the ad? I would like to know how long this promotion is going to last. The
details are somewhere on pages 23-27, and those pages of the ad are not on the website. :(

20% off lasts until Feb 11 I think, somewhere around after Feb 10.

I just got back with 2x E4300, 2x DS3 Rev 2.0, 2x 7300GS, 1 DVD burner, 1 250gig sata, and a few other small parts. Not to bad, I just gotta get ram and a PSU from Newegg and I'm good to go.

hmmm maybe i should just get that e4300 its damn cheap. I really would like the e6400 but its the same price as newegg + tax =\

Hows the overclockability on the e4300??

This deal is HOT for the Antec Fusion, $109 AD, AR.

hmmm maybe i should just get that e4300 its damn cheap. I really would like the e6400 but its the same price as newegg + tax =\

Hows the overclockability on the e4300??

presumably extremely good, due to the lower FSB and higher multiplier. Most of the review sites clocked it up to 3.3 / 3.4 right off the bat.

I will pick the E4300 for 162.99 since it match the Intel MSRP along with the BadAxe2 deal :D I was supposed to wait 2-3 weeks for the E4300 but seeing the right price and not paying shipping 2x made me buy it. It's also a retail box with included HSF, which I needed.

i went over to microcenter the other day and picked up the thermaltake kandalf, one heck of a case and at 40-60 dollars cheaper than the net, def worth it.

Where are 500 gig HDDs less than $100? I scoured that entire site and didn't see one under $159.99...

looks like ill be getting the e4300 instead of the e6400 like i planned originally. :( I hope my 680i can oc it well.

Called MicroCenter about this special and the women confirmed the deal is valid till February 11th. Same for the BadAxe2 at 175.99$. If a item in special goes into back order, the price will still be honored so don't worry about missing the items you wanted.

^ Thanks for finding that out for us dude... Now I gotta decide if I want an 8800GTX for $420 (after signing up for their credit card and getting an instant $100 off)

^ Thanks for finding that out for us dude... Now I gotta decide if I want an 8800GTX for $420 (after signing up for their credit card and getting an instant $100 off)

Where is the info regarding the credit card deal? I see their card application page, but no mention of savings.

Googling sugests that after signing up they mail you a 100 rebate. . .hmmm. . .

100 off might help me justify an 8800, but rebates can be annoying. . .anyone done this?

I don't see anything about 20% off on their site? :confused:

I do see that the Corsair 620HX PSU is like $151 on their site, while Newegg has it for $179.99 with a $20 MIR, so maybe the discount is already applied? Too bad as I was really hoping to get the PSU for around $120... :p

Not bad PC Power & Cooling 750 silencer $219 vs $249 at the Egg. Definetly worth a look. Thanks OP.

You'll be overpaying. I bought mine for $199 from pcp&c directly. I bet it might be cheaper from a 3rd party seller.

I got my e4300 for 176 out the door. Im pretty happy with the price :D

Was $162.99 at the SAME place a week ago
Or, you could have gotten it for $149 with a motherboard (in oem flavor) @ frys

These "deals" on this page are anything from hot
$40 enclosure yet, the Same enclosure, $44.99 or $14.99 after rebate can be purchased.

Are they seriously showing a 15" LCD for $100 after rebate when the hanns-G 19" ers are so prevelant at $119 ar ?

Where is the info regarding the credit card deal? I see their card application page, but no mention of savings.

Straight from their most recent advertisement:

Cardholders who are approved at point-of-sale, and make a purchase worth $399 or more at Micro Center the same day of approval, will receive 13,000 bonus points that can be redeemed for $100 cash back.

I see no hot deals, warm at best.

notice how the title said "Warm" :p

Overall I saved about 70 over what it would have cost at newegg, thats good enough for me.

I was able to check on the revision of the DS3 too, can't do that at newegg.

Back