[Warm???] 32GB Patriot SATA SSD $59.99 AR

known12345

Limp Gawd
link

not too sure if this is a good deal? there is also the 30gb series II $50 AR at newegg

would someone happen to know if any of these are a good deal for an os drive? My 80gb velociraptor died a few days ago (not under warrenty so no replacement) and so i need to get a new hard drive. I was wondering if either of these drives are a great deal or should I jsut go with the WD 640 that is so highly regarded. Ive heard that the core series (atleast version 1) had a few problems with random writes, not too sure if it carried over into version 2. Ive tried to find a review on the 32GB patriot but not too many out there.

I think the patriots still have the random writes issue.

Personally, I'd go with the 640GB drive and look at SSD in a few months.

EDIT: It looks like there is a pseudo solution in the ocz forums. Microsoft program to turn random writes to sequential writes and then it doesn't stutter, but it takes longer to boot initially. Might want to look at that if you plan on going the SSD route.

I think the patriots still have the random writes issue.

Personally, I'd go with the 640GB drive and look at SSD in a few months.

EDIT: It looks like there is a pseudo solution in the ocz forums. Microsoft program to turn random writes to sequential writes and then it doesn't stutter, but it takes longer to boot initially. Might want to look at that if you plan on going the SSD route.

Link for us lazy folks? :p

1 year from now, 160 gig SSD drives will be < $100 for good ones.

Back