Warm: $40 MP3 player

Great player, sadly, 256MB is so small as to be useless unless you have a computer with all your mp3's at your side all the time.

Were it the 1GB version, I'd be all over this. USB flash drive, no need for cables, arguably the best audio of all mp3 players (creative in general, not just the muvo line), no need for stupid programs to upload music...

Only thing that it lacks is an SD slot...

RGFrog said:
Great player, sadly, 256MB is so small as to be useless unless you have a computer with all your mp3's at your side all the time.
Eh, I have a 128 mb player. It holds two CD's....enough for jogging and the gym. 256 mb will hold 3 to 4 CD's...that's more than long enough for those types of tasks.

Does anyone know what the normal price is on those?

That looks to be about the normal price fore the 256mb ones. You can beet it on ebay though if you're willing to roll the dice and give it a shot.

picked up mine a while bk when creative had a huge sale for $19 shipped. keep an eye out, they might come around again.

You can goto any B&M and get it for less out the door than newegg. I'd say this is tepid at best.

Back