Warm? Apple store $30 IPOD discount for students / gov employees

Wayfare

n00b
Just bring any school / government ID to an Apple store and they will give you $30 off an IPOD if you are a student and 6% off any purchase if you are a government employee.

Not sure if this qualifies as a hot deal, but it sure saved me $30 today (10%)

I always knew this Army uniform would do me some good :p

Thanks OP I am in the market for a nano :p this is hawt take the nano to 170+tx

This really isn't anything new. This has always been around that I can remember.

Hot for anyone that didn't know this already.

DriveEuro said:
This really isn't anything new. This has always been around that I can remember.

Hot for anyone that didn't know this already.

Previously gotten 2 iPod Nano's using this. Definately hot for those that didn't know it already.

SignalSoldier said:
I always knew this Army uniform would do me some good :p

Thanks OP I am in the market for a nano :p this is hawt take the nano to 170+tx

They should give a bigger discount to people in the army...

If you're a student, you are required to bring a student ID and a valid state ID or driver's license to the store with you.

I'm in the Air Force, but it seems the student discount is better lol.

Jared

Your Airmen dont have time for college? I have my gov ID and student ID. Go with the cheaper of course.

SignalSoldier said:
Your Airmen dont have time for college? I have my gov ID and student ID. Go with the cheaper of course.

I don't understand where you came up with us not having time for college. I do college on my off time. If I was in the market for an Ipod, of course I would go for the better discount with my student ID. :)

Jared

Pfft, it still equals around the retail price due to tax...

$299 - 30 = $269 + 8.8%tax in WA = $292 for ipod video 30 GB

AzNIronclad said:
Pfft, it still equals around the retail price due to tax...

$299 - 30 = $269 + 8.8%tax in WA = $292 for ipod video 30 GB

How do you figure?

$299+ tax = $322.92

$269+tax = $290.52

Do you think that because you live in washington, and you buy your ipod on apple.com instead of in apple store you won't get charged tax?

It would be killer if we could stack things like this.. Since my GF and I are both reenrolled in college.. and she's a postal worker...

dual G5s here I come.

$3999 x .94 - $30 = $3729

Straight from the Apple website:
Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:

* Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States
* Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States

Purchase Quantity
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

1. Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
2. Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
3. Laptop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
4. Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
5. Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year
6. iPod: One (1) per iPod family (iPod, iPod nano, iPod Shuffle 1GB) may be purchased per academic year (Note: there is no quantity limitation on iPod Shuffle 512MB)
7. iSight: One (1) may be purchased per academic year

Been a while since I checked but it's roughly 10% off.

It's $30 off the 30 and 60 gig models while only $20 off the nano. The cheapest shuffle has no discount and the 1 gig shuffle has a $10 discount. And only one discount per category per year, though if you buy them at seperate time no one would know.

Acidzerocool said:
It is not $30 off its 10% so if its a nano for $250 its $25 off and so on....

Their education policy used to be a blanket 10% but they changed that a while back. It is not 10% off, it is made in dollar amounts, check out the Apple education store in a few minutes when it comes back online.

Back