Warm: BFG 8800GT OC 512MB $279.99 + ship (+ tax where app.) @ Frys.com

Blahman

[H]ard|Gawd
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5434319?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

This is a factory OC'd card with lifetime warranty from a USA-based company (phone support is in the US as well).

Core clock: 625MHz (vs. 600MHz standard)
Shader Clock: 1566MHz (vs. 1500MHz standard)
Memory Data Rate: 1800MHz (same as standard)

So a fairly modest overclock, but you could always try OC'ing further.

2-day ship for $9.99 is pretty reasonable, and if you don't get nailed with tax (AZ, CA, GA, OH, TX, NV,WA, IL and IN), this is a pretty hot deal. For comparison, BestBuy and CompUSA sold this for $250 + tax but it sold out everywhere in the first couple of days, and with tax that was around $275.

If you want one of these, get in while you can. It's probably not worth waiting for the new 8800GTS 512MB as its not significantly faster than these 8800GTs especially with a little bit of overclocking. Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1237/nvidia_g92_overclocked_gt_vs_gts_512/index.html

These are also available retail via XFX Alpha dog @ 640MHz core ($279.99) or EVGA @ 600 MHz Core ($269.99); they do not carry the BFG GT's in store.

The XFX cards are green PCB with stock coolers, they come packed with Company of Heroes.

The EVGA cards do not come with Crysis or Quake Wars.

At these prices they are MSRP and are even less than Newegg before taxes! My XFX cost $306 out the door, $10 more than newegg and a very lenient return policy.

Stupid Dell; I still have my 2 cards on order I'm just waiting to see if anything pans out.

ordered one, will cancel my dell order once i get this one in the mail, i dont mine the extra $40 to have this on time

i got my bfg 8800gt from bb for 211.00. got it with the 20% off coupon from cc, then i went in to return it and got ANOTHER 12% off. it was like 211 out the door. no game, but i don't think this hot card is going back, eh?????

it is running right now at evga ssc speeds stock, k?

My bestbuy doesn't even have a place on the shelf for them yet (and afaik know they hadn't received a single one before BF, possibly after).

Man, this whole fiasco makes me so happy I got my 8800GT SC for 230$.

hehehe.

just wanted to let you know that you didn't get the best price on the planet. when i purchased mine from best buy, the bfg8800gt, they matched a 20% off legit circuit city coupon.

then i went in with a 12% off reward zone and got that matched. 211.00 out the door including tax....:)

awesome card too! enjoy life all!

Back