Warm? Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 $99.99 @Newegg w/FS

Nice. This is the exact RAM I've picked for my new build, and now it's $10 cheaper at Newegg than Amazon. Just wish Amazon would get some Sabertooth P67s in stock so I can actually test these components before their return windows close.

hmm was gona get the ripjaws x but these are tempting too. specs seem the same any reason to choose one over the other? Never owned corsair ram before but I've used gskill with a p45 and p55 system and passed 24hrs memtest86+

Probably not. Maybe the Vengeance have better heatspreaders, but both are very good brands. Over the years I've always thought Corsair memory has the best compatibility, but that may be true for other brands these days.

I combined mine with that $25 gift card for new accounts. It effectively paid for shipping to Hawaii. :)

I hope these are better than their tragically dreadful 'Dominator' series ram.

Well, Microcenter has it for 94.99 +tx out the door, with a $15 mail-in rebate :)
rebate is as a stupid card though instead of a check.

Edit: and without the rebate the $6 shipping from microcenter makes newegg the cheaper option.

rebate is as a stupid card though instead of a check.

Edit: and without the rebate the $6 shipping from microcenter makes newegg the cheaper option.

hmm.. I take the cards to my bank and they cash them out for free :D

Also, what happens if your newegg purchase has a bad memory chip? RMA time.. MC if it's nearby can be a quick swap :D

hmm.. I take the cards to my bank and they cash them out for free :D

Also, what happens if your newegg purchase has a bad memory chip? RMA time.. MC if it's nearby can be a quick swap :D

Keep in mind that the MC deal is *only* a good deal *if* you live near one... I get double-fisted: no Fry's or MC around here. :(

This deal is still live at Newegg and there is a 15% coupon that works with it too, bringing the price down to $85. Good deal, especially without rebates.

Code is DM15MR11US

Back