Warm: Dyson DC 41 Animal $399 at Fred Meyer (Kroger?) after gift card rebate

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
The Dyson DC 41 Animal is currently a closeout model because they are replacing it with a cordless version.

Fred Meyer (and Kroger?) has it priced at $499 with a $100 Fred Meyer gift card promo so it comes out to $399. You can get it on Amazon for $420+shipping or $450 with prime shipping.

At Fred's you get Reward Rebates (?% cash back each quarter) and Fuel Points ($17.50 off if you buy 35 gallons in one transaction, just from the purchase of the vacuum) though so that's another ~$30 or so off for a total final price of ~$370.

Of course this works better in areas that do not have sales tax in order for this deal to be competitive with Amazon.

I just picked one up and man what a difference from our Oreck XL, used the Oreck, then went over it with the Animal and picked up 1/5 of the Animal container already. Just amazing.

I had this vacuum. Was not impressed at all with it's power. Paid $400 and sold it on Craigslist a month later for $250.

I've been shopping for a new vacuum for a while now, and have seen similar feedback on slickdeals. I was seriously considering it, but have decided to just get a kenmore from sears.

I had this vacuum. Was not impressed at all with it's power. Paid $400 and sold it on Craigslist a month later for $250.

Dont they artificially limit its raw power so it doesn't damage some carpets?

Interesting, though I can't relate to the experience. After thoroughly cleaning the carpet with an Oreck XL and then running across the same carpet with the DC 41 the Dyson container filled with a whole bunch of sand/dust and dog hair. So at least in my household the DC 41 provides better cleaning than what we had before.

I am curious though, what did you go with after you found the DC 41 to be insufficient for your needs?

Interesting, though I can't relate to the experience. After thoroughly cleaning the carpet with an Oreck XL and then running across the same carpet with the DC 41 the Dyson container filled with a whole bunch of sand/dust and dog hair. So at least in my household the DC 41 provides better cleaning than what we had before.

I am curious though, what did you go with after you found the DC 41 to be insufficient for your needs?

That is a horribly flawed experiment unless you cleaned 1 side of the room with 1 vacuum and the other side with the other vacuum, then switched them both. Oh and made sure both contained newly cleaned filters / reservoirs.

I have a house and had people demo vacuums. Guess what every time you go over the floor more shit comes up. So far NO vacuum cleans carpet to the point where nothing else comes up. I bet you could run over it for an hour strait and keep filling up bags. Dyson has a brilliant applesque marketing technique. Its all psychological though. use a clear storage area so people can see the stuff in the vacuum. This gets people to feel like they are cleaning a lot and it makes them clean the vacuum more often than they ever did with a hidden bag based vacuum. Then they show those types of experiments, same one Kirby has been doing for ever with the same results.

Is the dyson bad? Nope, but its no better than any other higher end powerful vacuum.

I've got a Dyson filter-less vacuum cleaner (it was a gift) and it has its pros and cons.
That cyclonic filter gets clogged pretty darn easy, so unless you're willing to brush it then beat the holy h#ll out of it (every time you're emptying it) it loses suction pretty quick.
The outgoing air filter under the canister that's hidden away by a plastic cover clogs pretty quick too, my way around that was ordering 3, then I rotate and wash them. They hold up pretty good and the Crucial Vacuum brand is a fraction of the cost of the Dyson brand with the same performance.
They're not as wonderful as Dyson would make you think because there's a lot of maintenance to keep it performing at a high level, but on the bright side every time you give it a thorough cleaning its like new. Just goes to show, you take care of your things they take care of you.
But yeah, no way I'd ever buy a $400 vacuum cleaner.

I'll wait til its on sale on Steam for five dollars

We've got the DC40 which seems like pretty much the same vacuum as the DC41... we paid something like $239 for a refurbished at Thanksgiving from Big Lots.

I've been pretty damned impressed with it sofar... it's definitely got more suction than anything we've tried in the past. Getting used to the whole 'ball' design is kind of weird - at first it feels like it's a flimsy mess but once you get the hang of it you'll love the maneuverability. You can whip it in and out of spots you couldn't get to with a regular old Hoover or something.

I just stuck with the Simplicity Ultralight I was using. F3500 is the model I Believe.

Frankly, if you would have re-vacuumed with any vacuum it would have found more stuff to pick up. That's an old trick salesmen used to use :)

In the $400 range, better vacuums are the Miele Twist or one of the models from Riccar. Check out your local dedicated sewing and vac shop.

I bought a dyson, it sits int he closet. my GF prefers the shark I bought which was less than 1/2 as much. I'm afraid to even sell this POS dyson to anyone else, grated it's not the one listed here.

not a bad price on that DC41.. the one we have performs reasonably well.

Back