Warm: HL2: Ep 1 - $15 / HL2 goty edition - $25

Hmm, is this an area based sale, can anyone confirm?

I'm in the D.C. area (Northern Virginia) - 20111

HL2E1 is listed at $14.99 in online ad for the SLC area. I couldn't find it at one Target yesterday; I'm gonna try another one after work.

bassman said:
HL2E1 is listed at $14.99 in online ad for the SLC area. I couldn't find it at one Target yesterday; I'm gonna try another one after work.

If you have the original ad or print out of one, you could always pricematch at CC or BB.

I decided I am just going to try to pricematch Fry's ($12.99) at Circuit City later tonight since we have a Fry's locally.

I found it on the page 11, though... didn't see the 4 pieces of software on sale in there before. Doh! This will definitely be my backup tonight for pricematching. Thanks. :)

Seems Circuit City doesn't carry Ep1 in store, and didn't have HL2 in stock, so I walked down to GameStop and got it pricematched there. They weren't too happy about pricematching to the online printed pages, but oh well.

Side note, they also had Liberty City Stories in for the PS2, but refused to pricematch to the Circuit City online ad for $14.99.

The surprised me with a copy.

She pricematched the Target price ($15) at Wal-Mart. How nice!!

Circuit City will be selling HL2: episode 1 for $7.99 from 6/11/06 - 6/17/06 in stores (don't know about online), I got it from Cheapassgamer.com and some people confirmed it by ad.

$7.99 you hear that?

CrazyJ said:
Circuit City will be selling HL2: episode 1 for $7.99 from 6/11/06 - 6/17/06 in stores (don't know about online), I got it from Cheapassgamer.com and some people confirmed it by ad.

$7.99 you hear that?

If this is true.... so HOT!

Went to my Target today and sure enough it was 15 dollars. They were also doing rainchecks on it if it wasnt in stock.

CrazyJ said:

$7.99 you hear that?

fuckin sweet.. good thing i held out on the frys 12.99 deal :D

CrazyJ said:

$7.99 you hear that?

Damnit! The closest CC is almost 2 hours away.

To be safe I think I'm just going to buy it for $15 and if by chance what you say is true, purchase it for $7.99 and take my other copy back.

but then you won't be able to open it if you plan on taking it back if CC does really have it for $7.99 so really no point.

CrazyJ said:
but then you won't be able to open it if you plan on taking it back if CC does really have it for $7.99 so really no point.

Exactly, I can wait it out until Sunday to see if the sale rolls around, it's not like I have any time to play it these days, but maybe down the road (hopefully next weekend).

Besides, I'm a college student, every dollar helps.

Could always buy it for $8 and then return it with the other receipt while it was still sealed. So long as they don't put any kind of stickers on it, you could do that easily. And really, I don't think there is a legal issue there because it's exactly the same product you purchased on that particular receipt.

Back