Warm? PNY 9600 GT $99 bucks at CC.

This card is finally listed on Circuit City's website, but it is $159.99.

Seems like this may be a dead deal. Can anyone confirm the price?

I will go check it out at my local CC to see if it is at 99.99. I remember I got the deal on the G5 mouse and LG 24 inch Monitor.

Just some more information for the googlers...

Oh jeez, it's up to $199.99 now.

I finally opened up the one I got and have been playing with it. This card seems like a cheapo knockoff 9600GT. It is different from the reference nVidia design, though I'd imagine that aftermarket coolers would still fit. I got one with a white fan like the rest of you (black plastic card cover). I noticed that the heatsink only touches the GPU, and does not touch the RAM or any other components at all. The fan runs at its full speed all the time, I haven't heard it ramp up. This makes the card somewhat loud, but it does keep the GPU cool. Adjusting the fan speed in software like RivaTuner has no affect on the speed of the fan. I stay around 50C - 55C with the folding@home GPU client running and while gaming. My 8800GTS is usually above 60C though the fan is much quieter since it is spinning more slowly. If I had to try to compare the noise level, I would say that this 9600GT is about as loud as my 8800GTS 512 is when the fan speed is set to 70% though it is a rougher sound than the 8800GTS.

The card performs well though, slightly under my 8800GTS 512 as it should be. My results pretty much matched the reviews that I could find for other brands of 9600GT cards.

I'll try to post some crappy cell phone pictures since I can't find any of this type of card anywhere.

Generally non-reference designs are better...usually give them better power phases and such, but not sure about it in PNY's case.

yup, deal is dead. The 9600gt rings up at $199.99. Oh well, the 4850 we stock is $179.99. :D

well when this deal started it was the best price plus those all have mail in rebates.

Back