Warm? Rebadged BenQ 1655 Lightscribe $50

willie92

Limp Gawd
Staples has I/O Magic 16x DVD Lightscribe burner that is just a rebadged BenQ 1655 on sale for $49.94 here

And then if you go here you can cross-flash it to a real BenQ 1655.

The BenQ is an awesome drive. I have it and I can vouch for it all the way. I'm not sure about the I/O though. If it works its a great deal...

I successfully cross-flashed mine...

The only advantage this has to a real BenQ on Newegg is the free shipping with Staples--it saves you $5.89 over the retail 1655 at the 'Egg...

The link above is to the OEM version--no software...

The BenQ rebadges are in the clear plastic bags and have two vents on the back of the drive. The LiteOn's are in pink bubblewrap.

Press open the bottom of the box to see which kind it is before purchase, or ask an associate to kindly open the box to see what kind of plastic its in.

If that doesnt work, buy it, go to your car, open the box, if its not what you want, go in and return it. Lather, rinse repeat until you get the drive you want.

For the black faceplate, email i/o magic @ [email protected] or [email protected]

edit: Here's a $10 coupon to sweeten the deal. I'm not sure the original source, so I mirrored it. Expires 4/30/06

Back