Warm, Slightly Hot? DiNovo Mini ~$100 shipped

rgratto2

2[H]4U
Dell has a 30% coupon going on. Using it takes the DiNovo Mini from $135 to $95 with free shipping. Tax put it up to $101 for me.

Dealnews says:
Dell Home offers the Logitech diNovo Mini Keyboard, model no. 920-000594, for $135.99 with free shipping. Coupon code "739PKVBXNL?Z3L" cuts it to $95.19. That's $10 under our mention from last month and the lowest total price we could find. Sales tax is added where applicable. This backlit, palm-sized keyboard is designed for use with a PC home entertainment system. It has a ClickPad for mouse input. Deal ends March 26.

Fuck Fleabay. Free aids and retardation with every purchase.

This is a good deal, not all the time it comes down to $100.

I don't own one but this seems like a nice mini wireless keyboard + touchpad from the reviews I read, and better yet can work on bluetooth for my ppc-phone, ps3 , or my netbook (with a $20 mini bt adapter I added to the netbook)..maybe my htpc if I got another bt adapter for that too.
What I don't like about it that it looks like the lid can't fold underneath it. Why would you need that ugly half clamshell hovering over the keyboard like that? Theres no screen on it, its merely a lid. Major design oversight in my opinion. If I had this I would probably rip the lid right off of it, perhaps keeping a few rubberbands on the lid to slap it on before I dumping the keyboard in my dufflebag if I take it on the road/to work. :p

If I had this I would probably rip the lid right off of it, perhaps keeping a few rubberbands on the lid to slap it on before I dumping the keyboard in my dufflebag if I take it on the road/to work. :p

You go do that.

oh cool.. thanks for the info I must have missed that about the adapter.

Yeah the rubberband lid during travel is a little ghetto but I dont think I could stand that blank lid hovering there every time I used it. I saw people demonstrating this mini keyboard in some video reviews and it really bothers me. I wish it could flip under.

oh cool.. thanks for the info I must have missed that about the adapter.

Yeah the rubberband lid during travel is a little ghetto but I dont think I could stand that blank lid hovering there every time I used it. I saw people demonstrating this mini keyboard in some video reviews and it really bothers me. I wish it could flip under.

I agree with you, sometimes I'm worried I'll fall asleep with it open and roll over it or knock it off the bed and break it. If it simply folded under it would make me life a lot easier.... It does comes with a lil handy dandy slide on case...

I see it for less than $100 shipped on eBay
Those are refurbished. A deal can be worked with them as well though.

For example: this seller has refurbs for $93 shipped, combine that with 12% cashback and you can get it for $81 shipped.

It all depends on if you feel a refurb is worth saving $20.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a great deal for a great little device. If you have an HTPC you owe it to yourself to invest in one.

Can I just ask... what the hell is the use of this thing? Honestly, I don't get it. I know Logitech positions it as being able to control your PC/entertainment center, but I can't see using this instead of a full-size wireless keyboard.

The main advantage of this is the size. It fits in a shirt pocket and still provides a full keyboard and touchpad control.

For htpc users (and probably for some multimedia laptop users), it provides full pc usability with typing and touchpad mouse vs. using a limited remote control, and isn't that much larger than some remotes. It looks like it would have a small footprint when you put it down on your coffee table or end table rather than clunking around a larger sized or full sized wireless keyboard. Its also backlit and holds a charge for a very long time from what I've read.

For people with PS3 it connects via bluetooth and allows you to type in letters and use the mouse instead of slide-and-seek key entry with a console controller. Could also be used to control video playback, etc like htpc I would think.

For pocket pc and pocket pc phone users (ppc), it might allow more rapid and accurate text entry for typing up emails or pocket word documents, doing detailed data entry/configs, etc., along with mouse cursor control, while being small enough to be portable.

For multiple pc users or people repairing/configuring additional pcs it could come in handy to control the 2nd pc from the main desk without taking up a lot more desk space with another full sized keyboard and mouse, and rather than using a kvm or remote desktop.

If I had one I'd mainly use it on my htpc and ps3 in my living room, for the lightness, small footprint and backlight. I still hate how the clamshell lid hovers there though.

Figures, I just bought one for 135 or so last week. I should post my planned purchases and the dates on which I plan to purchase, so everyone can wait a day or two and take advantage of the "Spadefoot finally bought one, drop the price" discount.

Actually, it looks like they are doing quite fine without the notification! ;)

I like this. Would be cool with my other HTPC when I get it going..... IF I ever get it going.....

I absolutely love this keyboard on my HTPC. The touchpad acts as a mouse touchpad or go into media center and it's the arrows. Coolest HTPC keyboard out there. And it's tiny.

Helluva deal. Mine works awesome at home.

Slightly off-topic:
If you'd like to expand on the button mapping capability of Logitech's SetPoint software, then check out uberOptions. Works quite well for me.

thanks op, been wanting to get one of these but was too expensive until now...$100.90 shipped to Iowa

Mine came in today, what amazing free shipping! I had no idea how small it actually was, but its pretty awesome. Can't wait to get home to play with it some more. :)

My coworker just saw mine at my desk and asked me for the info. I think hes buying one.

Back