warm: tonight only (?): WD 250gb SATA $95 shipped

Get used to the "do you want to show non-secure items?" prompt if you order.

But I did -- I got two.

Horrible? It's only slightly lower than the low average.

It's risky, but that's why I used the platinum card.

mikeblas said:

Well if you read the reviews about all the complaints......especially when it comes down to hard drives.

Ockie said:
Well if you read the reviews about all the complaints......especially when it comes down to hard drives.

Oh, sorry. I thought you wrote that the ratings were horrible, not the reviews. Some of the reviews are bad, but many are successful.

You can get jocked by any vendor -- I'm still waiting for Samsung and NewEgg to send my monitor rebate. While these guys have marginal scores, I think I'm better off getting a couple of drives from them than trying eBay or the FS/FT listings here, even.

Anyway, I'll take one for the team and report back. Wish me luck!

mikeblas said:

you think they're slightly lower than average?

you must do alot of internet shopping w/ potentially shady dealers cuz all the big gun, household name dealers have ratings of 8 or better.

I'd say that this particular seller is on the verge of being on the bottom of the RR foodchain. :p

ozziegn said:
you think they're slightly lower than average?

I'd say that this particular seller is on the verge of being on the bottom of the RR foodchain. :p

I guess you haven't read what the stats mean. I didn't say they were slightly lower than average; I said they were slightly lower than low average. If you check the site, you'll see what the statistics actually mean.

Heh, poorly done website. The webmaster left question marks in place of the 'degree' symbols on that page.

Back