Warm: Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive now $119 at BestBuy incase you missed the Amazon Sale!

Much better deal IMO to buy the standalone player from for $101 from Circuit City (if they still have this going)

from Circuit City's website, their cheapest one is $150 and that one only goes to 1080i, not the awesome 1080p that everyone wants. It is funny to see the price on their players.... next to each price it says stuff like "After $200 price drop". Its scary how cheap its all going now that its gunna be phazed out

The HD-A3 is $118 at Amazon w/ 300 & Bourne free...and if you have a display that doesn't properly deinterlace 1080i to 1080p, the A30 is $149 or so.

IMO the 360 drive is only for folks that want to use it on a HTPC, or folks with a big shortage of component/HDMI inputs.

from Circuit City's website, their cheapest one is $150 and that one only goes to 1080i, not the awesome 1080p that everyone wants. It is funny to see the price on their players.... next to each price it says stuff like "After $200 price drop". Its scary how cheap its all going now that its gunna be phazed out

It's not on the website. You must have missed the whole pages of posts on that hot deal.

I first saw this and was like OOO! I had purchased one of these a while back to play HDDVD movies on my comp when HDDVD seemed like it was going to be a winner.

But then as times continued and Bluray is exclusively supported by all of 2 studios, with one of those thinking about switching and the other having a clause saying they can go to Bluray, I have to say its a cold deal because it's a dying format. If it was still a close battle, then Id say its definitely a hot/warm deal, but since Toshiba is drastically dropping prices on their players to up sales, this is just a continuation of that.

Sure it may look to be a great deal, but what are you gonna do in a few months if/when HD-DVD throws in the towel and you're stuck with a format that's no longer made?

Didn't mean to stray off topic that much or start anything, but I just wanted to inform people of yes it a warm/hot deal, but its has a very high chance to be a waste of $120 which could be spent on hotter deals :)

The movies still play even if the format dies right? And the DVDs still upconvert right?

So how is it a waste of money? :) Considering how many free DVDs you get, it seems like a good deal no matter what.

I don't see how this is a good deal. I bought one over 6 months ago for $110 with all accessories included.

Back