Warm ZZF WD2500KS $93.40 shipped 2 day

Average price I can find anywhere, its kinda warm..not really hot.

Word. SATA2. 16MB cache. <$100

I'd say "unseasonably warm." :)

Yeah I have seen pata or sata1 with 8mb cache for that price but never SATAII and 16mb cache. I saw its a good deal

Thanks for the post Doug. I paid $113 shipped for this back around the end of November so I think it is a good deal.

setscrew said:
Thanks for the post Doug. I paid $113 shipped for this back around the end of November so I think it is a good deal.
same here. i'll prolly pick up a second one now because of this.

Yeah, this is actually a good deal. Not a scorcher, but a good deal.

Picked one up for a backup server - thanks!

I just bought one because I hear they ship drives better then the egg and it had free fedex shipping(I hate ups). Thanks

As I post this, the price has dropped to $92.20 :eek:

This one keeps getting hotter :D

DougLite said:
As I post this, the price has dropped to $92.20 :eek:

This one keeps getting hotter :D

Yea thats what I ordered it at. Too bad zzf didn't have any cheap dvdrw drives. Had to order that elcewhere. I ordered this drive to back up a raid that is failing(raid has been taken offline at this point)

$91.40 now...

Got both of mine in last night with my PCI RAID card for some RAID 1 love.

It's dropped again - $90.80

Is the WD2500KS being discontinued or something? :eek:

nice price, but I am still waiting for a nicely priced 300+ GB drive to upgrade my RAID array.

Just got mine in. I'll give zzf credit I like the packaging they ship oem drives in. Much better then wrapping the drive in bubble wrap like some others.

Pretty comprehensive comparison. This gives you an idea how this unit compares to the Raptor and a larger 400GB drive. Note the WD2500KS's excellent thermal performance.

Comparison within the 250GB class. Don't read too much into the 43 dBA noise figure, the drive is essentially silent at idle. Seeks are pretty muted too.

GlimmerMan said:
There is no NCQ on this drive. How does it compare to the Matxors that have NCQ?

I read an article on Storagereview.com a few days ago, which compared this one with a bunch of other 250gb drives. Bottom line was that NCQ wasn't a factor in single use system.

The quietest drive was supposedly the samsung (but it's hard to tell much from their reviews, since there mics are right next to the drives). To here if you want info on quiet computing.

I kinda think they were all roughly the same.

DougLite said:
...the drive is essentially silent at idle. Seeks are pretty muted too.
No kidding there. Copied ~150GB of data to the array last night and I heard the beautiful sound of light crunching, nothing terrible.

hmm i'm a complete noob when it comes to harddrives.
do i need anything special for SATAII? i think i already have SATA connectors but I don't think they're "version 2."

If you don't have SATA II on your motherboard, the drive will simply run at SATA I speeds.

I know this is an old thread, but this deal is alive again! $88.00 :D

Back