WARNING! Important information about eVGA 680i board.

Pegi said:
The X-Fi crackling and popping on the 680i seems to be related primarily to SLI--with many folks experiencing the problem disappearing if they disable SLI--and this also applies to onboard sound, not just the X-Fi. Complicating the picture is the fact that some people are, indeed, able to run in SLI without the crackling. In any event, eVGA was able to reproduce the problem finally and, in the words of an eVGA tech: "We have reproduced this issue here, and I can assure you that resolving this is a top priority right now for NVIDIA and EVGA."
To me, the big question is whether this is a 680i-wide problem or just a problem with the eVGA implementation of the 680i chipset (an possibly that of BFG and XFX). Cuz, if the Asus motherboard doesn't suffer from this, that's one more temptation for me to go over to Asus.

I actually haven't had a chance to try a game on my system yet! :D

H

Most people with the crackling issue have fixed it using the PCI Latency Tool. Knock your X-Fi latency down to 96 and most people say that fixes it *shrugs*.

Most people with the crackling issue have fixed it using the PCI Latency Tool. Knock your X-Fi latency down to 96 and most people say that fixes it *shrugs*.
The PCI Latency tool always locks up my computer when I try and run it. I then tried using powerstrip and the option for latency is grayed out. Can someone help me :eek:

If you are having X-FI problems than I would suggest getting an updated BIOS for your board. That has fixed it on every 680i SLI chipset based board I've ever seen.

If you are having X-FI problems than I would suggest getting an updated BIOS for your board. That has fixed it on every 680i SLI chipset based board I've ever seen.
I did. I still get some random pops when using winamp and I also get some pops when people multiple people are talking over their mic in zombie panic source.

I did. I still get some random pops when using winamp and I also get some pops when people multiple people are talking over their mic in zombie panic source.

I don't know what to tell you then. I haven't had any problems with the X-Fi and the 680i SLI boards for some time now. Not sure why you would be having issues with it. Have you tried the onboard? Do you still have the same problems?

Well I just moved from onboard and I didn't notice any of the popping on my onboard. I have read that some still get issues with popping in the 680i even after the BIOS update.

Back