warning: ZipZoomFly may be going under

Proneax

Limp Gawd
as evidenced by failure to pay a myriad of rebates and inaccessibility of customer service.

Ordered WD15EARS in March, never got the rebate, and don't think I will, just read my review on reseller ratings and the others there. They have a lifetime rating of 8.24 and recently dropped to 4.5 6 month.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

IF YOU ORDER FROM ZZF, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS A REBATE, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT

While that sucks another decent etailer is going under, I kind of look forward to the clearance sales :)

That's unfortunate. I've ordered 3 hard drives from them a couple of years ago and rebates were honored. I haven't bought anything from them since though.

wouldn't surprise me. They never seem to have anything in stock. I once used to shop there regularly since newegg put their warehouse in NJ, thus subjecting me to sales tax, but within the last few months I haven't been able to find the products I want in stock. Oh well ZZF, I'll never forget the awesome price you gave me on my A64 3000+/ MSI K8Neo NF3 board

wouldn't surprise me. They never seem to have anything in stock. I once used to shop there regularly since newegg put their warehouse in NJ, thus subjecting me to sales tax, but within the last few months I haven't been able to find the products I want in stock. Oh well ZZF, I'll never forget the awesome price you gave me on my A64 3000+/ MSI K8Neo NF3 board

+1

Nothing is in stock. They will list the item but it always says Notify Me. I never received an email saying something was back in stock.
ZZF is just desktop wallpaper.

Thats unfortunate, in its heyday, it was great, and customer service was quick. I honestly thought for a while, when they are aggressively out pricing newegg, that they might one day surpass them, but those days are long gone. I guess they ran out of steam on the fight.

+Toast, to a cool place to shop, bought many things and definitely one of the first and best alternatives to the Egg back in the day.

I am still looking for a alternative, as prices haven't been so good. Amazon seems to fill the gap for now. But would be nice to have a dedicated store, with the best prices again.

Thats unfortunate, in its heyday, it was great, and customer service was quick. I honestly thought for a while, when they are aggressively out pricing newegg, that they might one day surpass them, but those days are long gone. I guess they ran out of steam on the fight.

+Toast, to a cool place to shop, bought many things and definitely one of the first and best alternatives to the Egg back in the day.

I am still looking for a alternative, as prices haven't been so good. Amazon seems to fill the gap for now. But would be nice to have a dedicated store, with the best prices again.

They did out price them for awhile, why I stopped buying from NE. Then almost nothing was in stock, I then realized they were on their last legs.

Fucking hell, there goes any chance I had at getting my $10 rebate from them. Oh well, that case was cheap to begin with. :D

I bought my 4850 about 6 months ago from them, got a great deal on it $75 after mir. I bought my a8n-e from them also. I like zipzoomfly.

ya, monarch computer was down here, they shut down while owing me for a board. they sure did have good prices though.

I used them in the past. no issues then. When the stock all started popping up as notify me and as of now they have about 10 things in stock.

Even though I have not purchased from them in several years I hate to see anyone go out of business.
I guess egg will go +10% across the board.

Just dont buy anything that involves rebates...........

Exactly, there's nothing like paying tax on an interest free loan you're giving out with a chance of return <100% (which, let's be honest is <%75 in reality) especially when it takes you labor and postage.

Bought a video card from them last week. Fast ship. Good Card. No problem. Please note the OP did not say they were going under, he just bitched about rebates & CS.

I've used ZZF quite a bit and never had any problems. I never base purchases on rebates anyways. I've also never had a problem with them being out of stock.

Bought a video card from them last week. Fast ship. Good Card. No problem. Please note the OP did not say they were going under, he just bitched about rebates & CS.

And the title reads: warning:" ZipZoomFly may be going under"

You are right, he said MAY.

I always found them competitive, although I have not bought anything from them since my A8n32-SLI board.

Meh... Bought from them a few times, lots of out of stock stuff, wasn't too impressed and most of all, their web site was a total shit pile.

Prices are fine.

Rebates from them are fine.

The problem I had with them was the hit or miss shipping I had to deal with. Most of the computer related stuff I purchase is for resale/customer repairs. ZZF makes it impossible for me to have any sort of reliable promise time for jobs, and that is a killer for me. Their prices are usually better than the Egg, but the Egg rarely, if ever, fails me when it comes to ontime shipping/delivery.

Just went to their site and looked for WD SATA hardrives and Asus Motherboards. Only 4 out of 45 hardrives and 3 out of 51 motherboards in stock. Not good, this does not look like a company that is in good shape. I have bought quiet a bit of stuff from them over the years, even back in the days of GoogleGear. Hate to see any company go under these days, less competition is not good.

Sucky! I bought an e8400, a GTX275 & 8800GT, & some OCZ reaperz from there over the years.

While that sucks another decent etailer is going under, I kind of look forward to the clearance sales :)

Decent etailer??? They've been rubbish nearly since their launch back when X800XT AIW cards were $400. Good riddance to a bad store.

ya, monarch computer was down here, they shut down while owing me for a board. they sure did have good prices though.

Totally forgot about that place. I remember they had the awesome Athlon XP 1700+ chips back in the day.

Totally forgot about that place. I remember they had the awesome Athlon XP 1700+ chips back in the day.

I got one of their last pre-builts, loved those hornets they put out. took FOREVER to get it, luckily i got it before they cut losses and disappeared.

Monarch computer sold me an engineering sample motherboard in one of their CPU/Motherboard/RAM combos. This was during their last days years ago... well... so long losers. I didn't know shit was going down w/ them, it was when it first started to happen and they tried to keep quiet about it.

Zip zoom fly had tried some things like Free shipping all across their site, but their selection was limited and the site navigation wasn't as good as newegg's, and that really matters in the end.

On the other hand, I saw this happen to ClubIT.com, they had good deals and looked like a decent store, I ordered stuff from there and got newegg-like service, I didn't see it happening to them.

I use to shop their regularly back in 2003ish.. Now I dont ever see their prices beating newegg or amazon so i mostly stay away.

Decent etailer??? They've been rubbish nearly since their launch back when X800XT AIW cards were $400. Good riddance to a bad store.

I've bought stuff from them many times over the last 5 years (almost all after the X800XT AIW) and they've always been good. Prices were good and shipping was reasonable (if not free) and generally they shipped Fedex.

FWIW, They're not returning calls to rebate companies. Looks like I'm out $10 (thankfully not more).

All i know is something is going on. Alot of items I want they never have in stock. And then there's the rebates issue. I didn't complain about mine because I waited till the last second to mail it. It might of been a waste of postage even if these issues hadn't not cropped out.

Pity, they had some of the best packaging.

I used to shop at ZZF a lot, going back and forth between them and NE and sometimes Mwave. I'd actually still shop there as I've had nothing but good service in the past, but like many others have said, they never have what I want in stock thus forcing me to shop elsewhere. Pretty sad really, they were my #2 choice a long time ago for online computer part shopping.

wasn't too impressed and most of all, their web site was a total shit pile.

+1.

I agree. I don't understand how all these etailers exist with such stupid websites that are vastly inferior to that of NE. How does it make any sense to have a crappy website if your business entirely depends on said website?? Seriously, achieving the sensible organization and appropriate level of product detail that NE features does not take a genius.

So, maybe some other etailers will finally catch on and provide some real competition...

Back