Was this a good buy? Or am I a fool?

ronenvelarde

Limp Gawd
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dude...newegg has PCI-E cards starting at $67.99 shipped.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but something looks fishy to me. I've been looking all over, and I can't find any mention of a 128MB x800 of any sort, even the SE. I could be wrong here, but I can't find this part anywhere else online.

I've heard of those cards before. Unless it was a x700 but pretty sure i've heard of a x800 vanilla (non xt, pe) before.

I've never heard of an X800 plain either, but I'd assume it would be somewhere between the SE and the Pro if the naming of the 9800 is any indication.

Yeah same concern here. I never heard of a 128mb card. Oh well I have a x600xt right now thats decent. Ill see what happens with this thing. Im paying for it right now. I think ill get the paypal insurance this time.

yeah it also says x800se in there, but the se got bumped to the next line, maybe why you missed it

Not trying to bad mouth the guy but the one in the pics is an agp isnt it i would email him first to make shure it was a pci ive done that before order something that said was agp and pic was pci and i got pci think it was my gfmx440 for my moms comp either way i didnt care but you prolly will

No, I believe it's PCI-E. It does not have a second notch in it like a 1.5v AGP card would, and I'm sure the X800 is a 1.5V card.

ronenvelarde said:
Just wondering if this was a good buy or did I mess up? I didnt think about it when I bid but its not even an XT or SE its just a regular x800 pci express card. The dude says its new. I have been so SOL in trying to find a decent pci express card. Everything is over 500 bones.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5138244145&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

That's definately Dell's OEM PCI-E x800 SE (8 Pipes, 425MHz Core/350MHz Memory).

Not a bad card per say, but far from the performance level of an x800 Pro. If you really wanted a good PCI-E card, why not throw in the extra $20 and spring for a 6600GT?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That card is a X800SE PCI-Express card

Ati X800 PCI Express Video Card 128MB 128MB PCI Express ATI Radeon X800 Video: ATI 128MB PCI-Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) Radeon X800 SE 425c/350m 8 pipes,

Read the description a little better ;) .

Back