Water cool the Xbox 360

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
Well I bought me a 360 back in January. I'm guessing heat is a big killer of these things. People shoving them into crammed entertainment centers and playing 8 hours a day..

That all aside.. Has anyone tried this water cooling kit? HERE

My xbox being one of the newer model whats the chances the holes are all universal and the kit works?

Just hoping for some user reviews.. Cuz, honestly it seems badass. "ya my 360 is watercooled"

Part 2 of question is.. Is there any cheap little self contained clean looking pumps/radiator resovor type things. They have one here but i'm not sure if theres a cheaper way out of it.

anyone that spends $300 on watercooling for a 360 deserves to have it fried.

and thats a very stupid and un-needed thing to say. For people that play their xbox 360 lots and want to make sure it lasts a long time and have the money for soemthing like this then why not?

I personally think this is cool lol

The [H] did a watercooled 360 awhile back. Check it out here

If you aren't adverse to eBay, they sell a condensed little number that has everything neatly shoved into a little cube. You can find it here

Wouldn't mind trying it myself on my 360 someday. Let us know how it turns out.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
anyone that spends $300 on watercooling for a 360 deserves to have it fried.

I'm sorry.. I spent almost $500 bucks extra on my rig in order to get it the same speed as a processor which probably would've cost a lot less to buy a nicer chip..

Oh I'm sorry I bought a better sound system for my car that obviously the stock one was perfectly fine.

Here's some newsflash for you, sometimes people don't do it for practicality, some do it because it pleases them to do it whether it has aesthetic or productive goals.

Just because a 360 cost base about $300-350 bucks that you can't invest a nice water cooling system on it. Not only would it reduce any chances of overheating, which has and does happen, but you can also reduce the retarded amount of noise that the thing cranks out with a simple kit that probably wouldn't cost more than $150 bucks. On top of that it looks pretty sick and the investment is far less risky on a 360 than a 1,000-1,500 gaming rig.

And do the above poster, hope you just forgot the sarcasm sign, otherwise stop being a damn hypocrite, you have a watercooling system on an E6600.... might as well strap a t00l sign to your forehead too.

And for the OP... the best thing to do is to have a low power pump that can run off the 360's 4 pin connector. You don't want to stress the only 4 pin rail on there, but a simple pump and maybe 1-2 90mm fans on a radiator won't hurt it at all. DD has a few small pumps that you should look at. As far as a reservoir stick with a copper one if you can. You don't need a res for the 360 unless you're doing it for looks.

^^^ If you aren't OCing the XBox, your comments are non sequitur.

Paying extra (essentially double) for something that should work right in the first place is not reasonable.

That being said, it is kinda cool, and necessary, as the XBox cooling sucks.

The $25 fan that sticks on the back seems more logical, from a $$$ perspective, but def. not as geeked-out.

^^^ If you aren't OCing the XBox, your comments are non sequitur.

Paying extra (essentially double) for something that should work right in the first place is not reasonable.

That being said, it is kinda cool, and necessary, as the XBox cooling sucks.

The $25 fan that sticks on the back seems more logical, from a $$$ perspective, but def. not as geeked-out.

Sorry bud, but the moment watercooling is the subject, all logic is thrown out.

Watercooling does three things. Its aesthetically pleasing to the eye, it helps cool, and it's quiet. Those $25 dollar fans are louder than the stock fan thats already on there. Pointless if the OP wants less noise.

A small example of a setup WELL more than enough to cool the 360.
$85.99 - Koolance Blocks (both CPU and GPU)
$44.95 - DC DD pump
$49.95 - 2x120 Rad (not necessary by any means to lightly cool the 360) black ice
$19.99 - Small reservoir (not even that necessary either) Swiftech microres
Total.. a little over $200.. the prices are adjustable considering it's not even necessary to include everything here. So I'm not sure where you guys are getting $300 bucks from.

Have you been around people that game more than 7-10 hours in a day? Obviously not. Some friends I have talked to have replaced out their system once.. twice.. on one occasion three times due to RROD issues.

My brother has one of the newer 360s and his fans at full tilt do more noise than my 3x120 radiator setup on my comp. Mind you this was a stock 360 with no aftermarket modifications on it.

My other brother ALSO has a 360 and his was modded with this '3rd party' 25 dollar fan you speak of, and it puts out a lot of decibels.. enough so that it's annoying. We did aesthetics mods to it like a window kit tand a paint job to it and he gets a lot of comments from friends when he comes over and plays Rock Band or whatever and he likes that. It's no less of a reason to mod a 360 than when people mod their PC's to go to lanparties.

So please before you talk about your logics, get an XBox first. Point being on all my replies so far is don't judge someone who wants to put money into what he/she likes. I know some people who buy a $4,000 dollar car and put 20k worth of aftermarket parts, so when someone says I'm gonna watercool a $300 xbox360.. the comment is, what do you want it to look like.

I think you should get the lian li case for the xbox 360, put a 120mm rad inside, the pump and all the wires inside. Add a nice little window to the case, and you will have one sick ass, cooled down, quiet xbox 360. But thats just what I would do.:)

Try putting your 360 in a pc case XD im sure if you tried you could do it. Get a UFO2-Duality case have your pc and your 360 in the same case. That would be freakin sweet!

Try putting your 360 in a pc case XD im sure if you tried you could do it. Get a UFO2-Duality case have your pc and your 360 in the same case. That would be freakin sweet!

Thats assuming he's not running his 360 on a large LCD separate from his PC. ;)

I'd hate to start an old thread up but I'm thinking about doing this. I have an old swiftech reservoir I can use, tubing, but would still need the blocks, pump, radiator. What water blocks work with the 360?

"Hello? Yes this is Irony calling, did you see PS3 posting on a watercooled XBox 360 thread? OMG Ya I know! Ok, talk to ya later, bye."

ok sorry just had to..

BTW, post up on if/how you do with this as I just sold my brand new 360 simply because it was rediculously loud. I'll prob not get another but curious none the less.

"Hello? Yes this is Irony calling, did you see PS3 posting on a watercooled XBox 360 thread? OMG Ya I know! Ok, talk to ya later, bye."

ok sorry just had to..
Maybe it's because he's afraid of it suddenly RRODing when a slight breeze passes over it. :D lmao

Back