Water cooling idea

Glitter in coolant?

• Great idea!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • NO! you will shaft the cooling system!

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • not a clue - whats glitter?

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

UltimateNewbie

Weaksauce
ok, was drunk and ad just bought a new PC online.... had that insane feeling of OMG OMG OMG OMG that you get when you are expecting those precious goodies in the post.

Anyways cut a story short im going to put a blue neon water cooling system into my Akasa Infiniti Zon case....

the idea?
...to find the "tiniest" and most fine particles of glitter that i can and put them into the liquid.

has anyone ever tried this? will it work? I just wanted a sparkle in the mix and it would be great to be able to see the flow of liquid to show off the system :)

cheers for the input - im going to go for blue/purple food dye with added blue/purple UV dye with UV striplights down the insides of the case.... shame, would have been so good :(

Just get a good Primochill UV Visible Blue liquid utopia... Don't bother with food dyes and such.

10$, but really, really worth it.

yea, but sparing that post that mavalpha kindly linked me to i have also read in multiple places that the UV dye doesnt show up too great in normal light conditions.

Also have seen a few pics of skanky looking PC's which would be lovely under UV and in the dark but not too pretty in daylight.

Any ideas or input?

That's why I suggested the primochill VISIBLE blue UV dye...

It's like, royal blue under normal light (especially if you're using tygon tubing - That stuff's crystal clear) and bright neon blue under UV light.

Hell, if you want to get creative you can even mix dyes. The "invisible" UV dyes by Dtek (I think they have the basic colours now...) with some "visible" non UV dye... Green under UV purple under normal light or something. Have fun with it!

Yeah, glitter is a BAD idea. Imagine putting sand into the oil in your car. The pump is moving part. It has bearings, impeller blades and seals to keep it functioning properly. The glitter will eventually wear out the impeller, shred the bearings and possibly sand-blast the seals to nothing.

it is a great idea but i dont know if it's going to work..or destroy your radiator or pump..:D

Back