Water cooling setup complete

whitewale

Limp Gawd
Finally got my set-up completed. I build an external box with 2 120 mm 87 cfm fans (still playing with voltage for best noise-cooling ratio), 77 bonefille heatercore and a 1 gal reservoir with submerged Eheim 1050. Connected to the computer using these Link to quick-connect image quick connect fittings (McMaster-Carr) to connect to the DD TDX and Maze 4 in my box using 1/2" tygon. Blocks mounted using AS5.
Temperature before (P4 3.06 w/stock cooler and stock paste) 62 C under load, now running prime 95 at 36 C, about 10 C above ambient. Can't measure the GPU temp since the Asus V9900 (FX5800) does not seem to have an internal sensor like the FX5900 series. If anyone knows a way to measure this other then to put a thermocouple on the chip I'd appreciate a link.
What realy amazed me so was the difference the AS5 makes on normal air cooling. I removed the stock cooler from my P4 2.4 C and discarded the two sticky pads underneath and remounted with As5, temperature dropped from 60+C to 54 C running prime. With burn in this might still improve.
Last thing I need to finish is wiring up a relay for the pump and fan set-up. Pics when everything is complete.

edited by zer0signal667 - please no linking to others' property/servers

Congrats! :D

I'm trying to pick up a new res tonight, so then I can finally get my loop installed too!

Back