Water Flow Directionality Help

par.002

n00b
I am building my first water cooling system. Its almost spring again and I suffered last summer w/ 2 8800GTSs being air cooled and decided to go ahead and buy a water block for each card.

While I was at it I picked up a CPU block figuring I might as well cool that too.

My question is, with the following components, what should my flow direction be in regards to the components?

1 Black Ice GTX 240 Radiator w/ 2 Papst 120mm fans
1 Black Ice GTX 120 Radiator w/ 1 Papst 120mm fan
1 DD12V-D5 Pump Variable Speed
1 TDX 775 Copper Block
2 8800 GTS Copper Blocks for my SLI setup.
... misc tubing, ports and reservoir included.

Basically, what I'm asking is, starting from the pump, do I go to the 240 radiator, then the CPU, then one of the 8800s, out to the 140 radiator, to the other 8800 and then back into the pump?

I'm thinking since the CPU runs at a much lower temp than the 8800, the temp would be lower going from the CPU to the 8800 than from the 8800 to the CPU or from one 8800 to another 8800.

Not sure. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

PAR

I posted some pics of mine here and I went pump>240>cpu>gts>gts>120>res and my temps are fine that way. My video cards dont oc any better on water but they run way cooler.

I tried a rad between the cpu and gpu and the difference wasn't worth it to me.It just ended up with more tubing taking up more space going back and forth.

I'd go res --> pump --> cpu --> gpu --> rad --> gpu --> rad

the only thing that really matters is res before the pump. plenty of people claim that order of the loop does not matter one single bit outside of that, becuase eventually the loop will reach a tempurature that the whole loop will be at. ie: the water in point A of the loop will be no cooler or hotter than the water at point C. i still like putting them in an order that makes sense as far as cooling efficieny goes though, even if it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the replies guys. After hours and hours of screw-ups, mis-configurations and all around newbie-ness I finally got everything up and running (and didnt blow my board w/ all the water lying around).

I ended up going pump->cpu->GPU->rad->GPU->rad->res->pump and it brought my SLI idle temps down 33%! After all the "learning" I did to get everything up and running I have to admit I am quite pleased.

Thanks for the help!
PAR

Back