Water Mixtures ?

Phrik

Gawd
What do I have to mix or not use on my water cooler. I'd like to go UV blue though...

I have the following stuffs on the loop:
* Aqua aquabox reservoir (Plexi-Glass)
* Laing DDC Pump Ultra 12V
* CPU BLOCK - (suggestions please, prefer copper based internal)
* Black Ice GT Xtreme 120 (Copper)
* Black Ice Stealth GT 240 (Copper)

Connector's any suggested material ? Anyway thanks for any info you guys can provide.

PS: I will be cooling a C2D X6800 so I need a 775 CPU block for a suggestion.

A few drops of UV blue dye, in 95% distilled water and 5% antifreeze of your choice (propalyne glycol is the better type of anitfreeze).

As for a block, either the Storm or the TDX 775 would be good choices.

Can you give me a link please to those CPU blocks...?

Thanks a bunch !

Arcygenical said:
It's time for you do do a little more research on Google...

It's called a "forum", if you know then you share if you want. Don't become a dick. It's a place for people from dummys to professionals to communicate anonymously and freely. It's a place of instant information. An alternative to e-mail and chatting.

And I'm google'ing even at work, researching how to do watercooling from ZERO directly to high-end.

Maybe you should google for what the purpose of a forum is. It's to share information, not to tell people to force search somewhere else. You are not obliged to share, it's your decission if you do or don't want to.

Plus I don't have a car, and I'm not into cars at all...

Anyway I just found what the antifreeze is for in the water additives.

Thanks a bunch !

Where do you live?

I recommend:

99.?% distilled water
1 oz antifreeze (Pentosin G11 or G12 is my preference)
4-5 drops of Povidone Iodine (non-alcohol).
or 1-2 drops of aquarium algaecide (depending on lable instructions).

Phrik said:
It's called a "forum", if you know then you share if you want. Don't become a dick. It's a place for people from dummys to professionals to communicate anonymously and freely. It's a place of instant information. An alternative to e-mail and chatting.

And I'm google'ing even at work, researching how to do watercooling from ZERO directly to high-end.

Maybe you should google for what the purpose of a forum is. It's to share information, not to tell people to force search somewhere else. You are not obliged to share, it's your decission if you do or don't want to.

Hey man, I wasn't being a dick. I was serious.

Since your a new member, you probably wouldn't know this, but I'm one of the LEAST likely [H]s to flame a new user.

There are lots of threads here on this exact same subject, and google has 10x more information that we'll ever have.

Sorry if I came off as abrasive, but I seriously think some good time on Google might do you some good.

Arcygenical said:
Hey man, I wasn't being a dick. I was serious.

Since your a new member, you probably wouldn't know this, but I'm one of the LEAST likely [H]s to flame a new user.

There are lots of threads here on this exact same subject, and google has 10x more information that we'll ever have.

Sorry if I came off as abrasive, but I seriously think some good time on Google might do you some good.

No need for apologies, but I would also like to apologize, I guess you just wanted to tell me that I should do more google than just here. And I do understand what I can find in Google is more than I could just find from one place, therefore thanks for the advise. But I am a Googler ;)

Please no hard feelings, but many thanks folks !

SiGfever said:
Where do you live?

I recommend:

99.?% distilled water
1 oz antifreeze (Pentosin G11 or G12 is my preference)
4-5 drops of Povidone Iodine (non-alcohol).
or 1-2 drops of aquarium algaecide (depending on lable instructions).

Does the country reference to what water mixtures I should use ? I'm in Germany though... I have ordered those Innovatek pre-mixtures that I could just add a few drops of UV blue additives. I have just ordered the Innovatek G-flow block...

Phrik said:
No need for apologies, but I would also like to apologize, I guess you just wanted to tell me that I should do more google than just here. And I do understand what I can find in Google is more than I could just find from one place, therefore thanks for the advise. But I am a Googler ;)

Please no hard feelings, but many thanks folks !

None at all. Feel free to PM or IM me if you have any urgent questions too ;).

You got the Gflow block? Those things are physically BEAUTIFUL. The premixed stuff should be good too.

Arcygenical said:
None at all. Feel free to PM or IM me if you have any urgent questions too ;).

You got the Gflow block? Those things are physically BEAUTIFUL. The premixed stuff should be good too.

Thank you very much, and I honorably accept your offer :D

And yes, I have ordered the G-Flow block. So if you mean physically beatiful, will it be a good one as well ? I've read that the most annoying part will be the application of the thermal paste. It's gonna be a lot of work... I guess time mostly.

But it's the best that I could find available online in this country.

Phrik said:
Thank you very much, and I honorably accept your offer :D

And yes, I have ordered the G-Flow block. So if you mean physically beatiful, will it be a good one as well ? I've read that the most annoying part will be the application of the thermal paste. It's gonna be a lot of work... I guess time mostly.

But it's the best that I could find available online in this country.

I've heard it performs just as well as the TDX, but I don't speak German... reading the reviews really tough... heh.

What's wrong with the thermal paste application?

Phrik said:
Does the country reference to what water mixtures I should use ? I'm in Germany though... I have ordered those Innovatek pre-mixtures that I could just add a few drops of UV blue additives. I have just ordered the Innovatek G-flow block...
Just a point of reference for available chemicals. Pentosin should be common I would think and the G11 is a very nice blue.

Arcygenical said:
I've heard it performs just as well as the TDX, but I don't speak German... reading the reviews really tough... heh.

What's wrong with the thermal paste application?

It's the Coollaboratory Liquid Pro. Every review I've read about both the thermal paste or the water block is having 1 negative comment, it's about how hard and time consuming it is to apply the thermal paste, and that it requires a lot of care, patience and especially eyes (which I don't have so good).

Hopefully nothing won't go bad though.... ;)

SiGfever said:
Just a point of reference for available chemicals. Pentosin should be common I would think and the G11 is a very nice blue.

I haven't found any online shops having that available.

i'm just gessing but it think that pentosin is not sold in europe. personally being from Finland i have never even heard of pentosin untill i got into watercooling and started to look information about it in various forums . but if im wrong i would be intrested to know where i chould buy that stuff.

Phrik said:
I haven't found any online shops having that available.
It is automotive antifreeze and Audi and VW use it if I remember correctly. I would try an auto parts store for the Pentosin brand.

Back