waterblock for 9600gt?

• Thread starter Deleted member 80897
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80897

anyone know where to find a waterblock for nvidia 9600GT? been looking all over the place and came up with nada ...

what about the thermaltake one? I know so many people here hate the thermaltakes... but im in the same boat... I do have 2 thermaltake bigwater se kits.... that im going to take out of a current running p4 and geforce 7950gt agp!!!!

well i think im looking for some GPU waterblock made for the 9600GT card...

well i think im looking for some GPU waterblock made for the 9600GT card...

yeah i too will be interested.. but if the $40 thermaltake works... then I will go with that...
cant wait to see what you find out as I have some time.....:p

Ew I would pass on the TT. I believe the Swiftech MCW60 should work much better, or maybe a MAZE block.

Ok here's some advice. Do some research because depending on the manufacturer, both the EK FC9600 and XSPC 9600 water blocks won't work. I have the XFX 9600GT and even tho all reviews I've read said it is based on the nVidia reference model, it won't work with either water block. The issue is the extra copper that is supposed to cover the mosfets. The problem is XFX deviated from this design and that extension will not fit.

Make double sure that you look at the layout of the card, if you can. I found nothing on either the eVga and XFX cards showing the board layout without the stock heatsink. What I had to do was use a dremel and remove that part of the card and use some mosfets ram sinks from Swiftech. I wished water block companies would refrain from making a full-size water block because I don't want to be forced to buy a video card to fit my waterblock, but the other way around. Just make the block cover the GPU and RAM.

Couldn't find a way to edit that last post.

What I meant is that I ended up using a dremel to remove the extra copper on the water block.

well i am in thos boat aswell i have the xfx 9600 gt hells yes but i cant find water blocks ofr it aww noo! and i e-maild xfx this is what they said:

"[DANIEL_E 9/5/2008 7:53:43 PM] Hi, the PV-T94P-YDF4 model 9600gt is based off the reference design. We unfortunately do not have any information about water blocks that will fit the card. A good place to start would be here http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91 and possibly here http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88 . Daniel"

oh noes! they even told me to go here goddamn it i wish some one new of a working block!!!

What I would do is stay away from a full cover block on a 9600GT. Since its not the top-of-the-line, there won't be a lot of options as far as specific blocks for that card. Unlike the 9800GTX(+) which will have lots of options.

So, you might just go for a GPU only block, and then get aircooling for the memory.... mosfet coolers work perfectly. A GPU only block will be cheaper and allow you to move it to different cards, should you choose to upgrade down the line. It will provide solid coolig, too.

if smb lloking cheap full cover, he can buy DD koosah (NV-78) will be fit on it ( and you can buy it for 1/3 or 1/4 price of EK)
you must only comparasion 7800GT ram gaps VS gaps in new cards (but NV has almost the same spaces bettwen ram chips in all cards(mean 78,79,88gt,96 and even 9800)

mosfet will be not cover by this block, you can add regular heatsink of mosfet ;)

You stated in an earlier post that XFX sent a reply that they use Nvidia's reference design. That would translate to me that both the EK and the XSPC full cover blocks will work on the XFX board since they did not deviate from the reference board. I don't see too many people running a 9600GT watercooled here, so I'm doubtful you'll get a testimony from a 9600GT WC'er proclaiming which of the above listed blocks will fit. Time for you to become the cutting edge guy for the 9600GT peeps and report back your findings.

From what I've read on XS, the mounting holes are the same as a 8800GT, so you could just grab a GPU only block and some RAM sinks

hey just a little bump..... after some research i have discovered a waterblock made to fit nvidia cards INCLUDING THE 9600gt!!!

http://www.jump.co.za/product/thermaltake-w0119-tmg-nd3-lcs-vga-cooler-14699401.htm

I know its a thermaltake and if you have read my previous posts up higher in this discussion you knwo taht id rather go with an ek block or another manufacturer like swiftech.... but if you are in a situation like me and you need a waterblock because your stuck with a 9600gt card that likes to overheat due to oc-ing then id reccomend a thermaltake block over nothing..... "Thermaltake TMG ND3 LCS, nVIDIA 9600GT/8800GT/7900/7800/6800Ultra, Super Silent at 16dB,Brazing Pure Copper Waterblock ,Super quiet 60mm low speed fan " although if anyone else knows of a good working waterblock im willing to try it out..... ive heard of buying either an 8800 or a 9800 ek block and messing with it *i.e. taking a dremel to the copper plate so that it will fit due to a few mosfets being in the way* and that is a full maze block that can work gor a 9600gt.... all you need is some elbow grease.

Back