Watercooling a Laptop

WarMace

Gawd
I saw this, and thought i would share.

http://www.instructables.com/id/EDZO09MXA3EV2Z4CFS/?ALLSTEPS

f98uchwr0tev2z4cdbmediuxc7.jpg

How can he be sure the blocks are sitting on the CPU right with the lid closed? :confused:

Anywho, 1+ for trying something new. :D

[IO]ERROR said:
How can he be sure the blocks are sitting on the CPU right with the lid closed? :confused:

Anywho, 1+ for trying something new. :D

He gutted the existing heatpipe cooler and ran the water through it. Because he used the origional heatpipes, it must be a perfect match.

I wonder if you could do this with current Mobo heatpipes? Gutn them and add them to the loop, off a T of course because the flow is very restricted.

He should have gutted a Thermaltake Tidewater. Smaller package, smaller pump, would have probably looked nicer, and best yet would have probably been cheaper then all of the gear he got separately. While the radiator in the tidewater is pretty pathetic it would have been enough for that lappy.

Dethred said:
Looks pretty mobile to me. :p
Yeah, I was thinking the same. And good luck trying to take it on a plane :rolleyes:

Kudos for the originality, at least.

I have to wonder what chemicals were used in that heatpipe... I can't imagine it was healthy cutting it open like that to let them all out in the air.

penguin said:
I have to wonder what chemicals were used in that heatpipe... I can't imagine it was healthy cutting it open like that to let them all out in the air.
Heatpipes normally contain water. Link

IanG said:
Heatpipes normally contain water. Link
...and "methanol, ethanol (think booze), toluene (think magic markers)."

So worst case he would of gotten a little high.

i like the looks of a oilcooler used for the radiator, i wonder why more WC setups dont use them?

warmace said:
...and "methanol, ethanol (think booze), toluene (think magic markers)."

So worst case he would of gotten a little high.

i like the looks of a oilcooler used for the radiator, i wonder why more WC setups dont use them?

Because they suck compared to typical watercooling radiators.

Back