Watercooling a PC-7B..

Tilde84

Limp Gawd
The short version:
- have always used air cooling and considering H2O in my LL PC-7B.
- my specs are all in my sig, I do some overclocking for things like 3DMARK and Super-pi.
- I'd like to have a pretty watercooled rig for my CPU/Chipset (GPU is just temp)
- Should I go internal or get an exos system etc?

Can you water experts help me out at all? Thanks:)

Air works, but liquid is more fun! The LL case is awesome watercooling, so you might as well keep it on the case. In general, internal is cheaper too. Just search for threads about the best block/rad/pump/tubing and you will find everything you need to know. As for "prettiness", there are a lot of sharp looking CPU blocks (old Polarflo TT, apogee gtx, EK Wave), but its all up to you.

what's your budget?

do you want to mod the case?

how do you feel about internal vs. external rads?

HERE is a link to a watercooled PC-7B i did recently for ideas

Well,if I had to give a budget maybe $200, I figured it would be enough to include a CPU,Chipset block, pump rad etc. Mainly, budget is not an issue as I can wait, just getting in the research time now.
Another question I have is what kind/size of rad to get? Also, do I need to size the reservoir to the size rad I put in?

PS: I dont really want to mod the case and if I can get away with just drilling some holes for a internal setup I'd be happy.

I've done a lil more research and thought a double rad with a double 5 1/4" bay res would be fine enough, correct me if I'm wrong though. Also, going with a double rad (like the Black Ice series), would it be too small for both the CPU/chipset and a GPU block?

Thanks so much for the links, both projects came out great btw:) . What kind of tubing do you guys use?

I've done a lil more research and thought a double rad with a double 5 1/4" bay res would be fine enough, correct me if I'm wrong though. Also, going with a double rad (like the Black Ice series), would it be too small for both the CPU/chipset and a GPU block?

why double bay res?

Think it'll be overkill? idk, never worked with water b4. Be it a single or double bay res I think I've got a good handle on what I think would work best, hope to spend about 250 when all is said an done.

I'm eying this kit which has just about all I need. What do you think, any good?

I don't care for the swiftech crap

the dtek block looks good

of coarse that pump is one of the best (if not the best) - i have a D5 which i like

i would spend the extra 14 bucks and get a triple rad

i've used nearly all the types of tubing and i like the 7/16s masterkleer the best - cheap and tight

the other day i picked up 10 feet of clear tubing from lowes that is 1/2 ID and 3/4 inch OD .. for 5 bucks ... we'll see how it does

mal

I love it, the pump is very quiet (when set on Petras gel stuff), the temps are ok. I have an E4300 in there now and at 2.8ghz with 1.4vcore it sits at 52C load. The gpu never gets over 48C. The hard drive makes the most noise out of the whole system. I need to find a decent 5.25 to 3.5 converter that uses some rubber mounts to quiet down the hard drive. It's all 7/16" Masterkleer tubing as well.

Back