Watercooling Laptops

MTXR

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking the other day we have water cooled Desktops, but are there any water cooled laptops?

Would this be a feasible idea? I wouldn't mind if its possible to have the larger OEM makers use water cooling for laptops.

I hate the noise of my fans on my laptop, you could run the laptop at 100% load and be perfectly fine with water cooling.

-M

The loop would have to be tiny, so not enough water could be moved. Not to mention a pump and the coolant would also add tons of complexity to the system. Where would the rad go anyways? It seems like it could be a feasible, but not practical.

I might look into internal watercooling my dell i6000, since the heatpipe is broken for my ati x300 and it's always in 80+'c at idle. Doubt it'd be realistic though

You could probably use a Thermaltake Tidewater or two and still keep it mobile. The benefits of the tidewater are, small pump, thin radiator with a radial fan, and a very thin waterblock. The performance isn't the best, but laptops generally have low thermal output anyways so that shouldn't be an issue.

If you mount the radiator/pumps to the back of the screen you could keep the laptop mobile, albeit a decent amount thicker.

Back