Watercooling my SFF

RyanL

Gawd
Ok im not sure if i should post this here or in the sff theard...but im wanting to watercool my sff. I have only used a thermaltake aquaris wc kit. I no longer have that. I want to go custom with this kit but i would like to keep it sub 200 or so. I plan on mounting the heatercore outside on the back of the back case. I have read that i can use a t line instead of a res also. So what are you guys recommendations for tubing size type pump ... i want to water cool the cpu and gpu... i would like to do the chipset but im not sure if that would be benifical..also from what i noticed..water cooling is not that much cooler then air in some cases. maybe im just reading things wrong...

Oh yes i forgot to mention that will be used on a 478 and it will moved quite a lot...so im looking for something secure that i can move and wont leak....

What SFF are you putting this watercooling in? Are you willing to do some cutting to the case? I ask these questions because it will effect what waterblocks you are able to put on the GPU.

You will definitely want to use 3/8" or smaller tubing due to the confined space in a SFF. For the CPU you have a wide range of options you can choose on, the choice will be dependent upon whether you decide for a 3/8" high flow system or a smaller diameter low flow system.

For the pump, you should definitely get the Laing DDC, very small very quiet pump which will also give the smallest hit to your power supply (always good in an SFF).

If your SFF case places the GPU right next to the side panel of the case you dont have very many options for GPU coolers w/o cutting into the side panel. Your best bet will be the Silverprop SL Fusion. A great block even w/o the height constraint. But this thing has 1/2" barbs and is only 19mm deep so it fits in a single slot configuration. 3/8 tubing will fit over the 1/2" barbs.

@DFI Daishi : Decent Watercooling in an SFF will always match or beat air cooling, especially when it comes to the GPU.

Ok so if done rught what temps could i be looking at? 30C idle? Compared to the 40-45C idle.

@erasmus354: SFF == Shuttle case?

they're not too common around here (neither are serious overclockers) but one of the very few that i have seen was air cooled and had pretty nice load temps in the high 30s.

When I watercooled my sff i knocked at least 10c from my idle and my load only goes up 8c. My gpu went down around 20c.

Back