Watercooling my Shuttle-Work in Progress 56K-Don't

How about painting the outside of the shroud to match the case, except for the bottom lip of it??? I think that would look pretty cool, and would kind of be in keeping with the overall look of the front.

Nice job. I think the lightning bolt will work out well since it will allow some ambient air make contact with the heatercore........

Cover it with mesh from metal somthing .com

And about the paintin job what kind of spray paint did you use looks like vinyl to me... dont laugh at me I'm a lil noob when it comes to paintin and this thread should go in the Case Moddin part of the forum which I visit evry night.

I can't cover it with mesh, I just checked, the heatercore comes right up to it. I painted the side of the heatercore (yes, I know, don't give me all that "0mG!1 y0u'R h34t3R c0r3 w0'n7 c00l r1gH7!11" stuff) chrome, so it'll look pretty slick. I'll think about painting the shroud, but sitting right here, it looks good the way it is, I think that might be too much red up top, but I'll see, it might look pretty cool.

I have a thread in case modding, it has a link to this thread, kind of wanted it here so that all the SFF people would see that we aren't limited in modding :)

Here are 2 parting pictures :) I'll be at the grandparents and Chincoteague for the next week, so don't expect any updates 'till late next week. Maybe I can convince the mother to loan me the money for my water cooling stuff... not likely though :(

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

The flash was so you could see where its painted, but it made the chrome look like white.

I'm on the front page, and I have considered that actually, I'll probably do it when I get time :)

hey heyheyhey, :). how much was that Antec 120mm (quiet?) and it's the minicool shroud you got from FrozenCPU that fits with it well? I'm wondering if that shroud will fit a 120mm panaflo (they're pretty thick fans, but very well made).

flip

heyheyhey said:
I'm on the front page, and I have considered that actually, I'll probably do it when I get time :)

Hey, you are! I really should visit it more often. :D

Back from vacation... this project is currently on hold 'till I get money for everything else needed... feel free to donate :(

The fan was $20 at Circuit City, and the shroud from FrozenCPU is 1" thick, I imagine it should fit any fan.

The watercooling is now on major hold... my 5900 just bit the dust after I tried to mod an SLK-900 onto to get rid of the 60*C idle temps it was giving me. If anyone wants to donate to the "6800GT for Hey3" fund, it would be greatly appreciated...

heyheyhey said:
The watercooling is now on major hold... my 5900 just bit the dust after I tried to mod an SLK-900 onto to get rid of the 60*C idle temps it was giving me. If anyone wants to donate to the "6800GT for Hey3" fund, it would be greatly appreciated...
That would have been awesome!

Back