watercooling pumps

Daravon

Weaksauce
I'm in need of a watercooling pump, not for cooling a CPU but a diffusion pump for a vacuum system...a similar application. Where are some good places to shop? Some pumps in good standing with watercoolers? Are they all 12v?

A "diffusion pump for a vacuum system"? So you're looking for an air pump basically, or something totally different? None of the usual suspects (that I know of) should EVER be run without water or some other fluid running through them - they'll burn out in seconds probably.

And yes, alot of the best pumps are 12v these days, it's just simpler to run off the internal PC power than run yet another 120v into a cutout in the case to the pump, or wire plugin to a PCI card slot adapter, in turn powering the pump. It just so happens that 2 of the best pumps are 12v powered (the D5 and the DDC, both made by Laing).

[edit] My best (on topic) suggestion would be to check out the corporate sites of the various watercooling pump makers, and see if they have pumps for applications like yours.

And Laing seems like a no show - a quick check and it looks like all their lines are liquid pumps, not air.

not sure about your application, or what size you need, but Eheim makes some nice 120v pumps if thats what your looking for. for 12v pumps the laning D5/ swiftech MCP655 are probably the best.

Back