WC for a q6600

galdoes16

Gawd
I am in the process of building a new PC, and I want to start WC. I was wondering if the Coolkit Elite is any good for cooling JUST THE Q6600, it contains:

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock
Laing DDC-3.2 Pump w/Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Acetal Top
Swiftech MCR220-QP Dual 120mm Radiator (w/fittings)
2 Yate Loon D12SL-12, D12SM-12, or D12SH-12 120mm x 25mm Fans
10' 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer Tubing
1/2" OD Polypropylene T-Fitting
10 Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps
Danger Den Machined Acetal Fillport/T-Line Cap
Swiftech MCB-120 RadBox
1 bottle Pentosin G11 (UV blue) Coolant Additive
Petra'sTech Water Cooling Setup Guide

Would this be good to get to 3Ghz? I'm looking to spend about $260 max.

It's fine so get this and sleep well ;) I guess it's from Petra's ? If yes, they always make top notch kits.

IMHO, the first kit is much better because the second kit have a less good block (Apogee GT). The Fuzion cpu block is the best in the market.

Yup just stick with the Fuzion kit as you'll get a lot more flexibility and usage out of it than the Swiftech one later on. Though if you're only shooting for 3Ghz I think water is a little overkill.

I'm using an Apogee GT on a quad and have no complaints, so if budget is a problem go ahead and get the cheaper kit, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I am in the process of building a new PC, and I want to start WC. I was wondering if the Coolkit Elite is any good for cooling JUST THE Q6600, it contains:

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock
Laing DDC-3.2 Pump w/Petra'sTech DDCT-01s Acetal Top
Swiftech MCR220-QP Dual 120mm Radiator (w/fittings)
2 Yate Loon D12SL-12, D12SM-12, or D12SH-12 120mm x 25mm Fans
10' 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer Tubing
1/2" OD Polypropylene T-Fitting
10 Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps
Danger Den Machined Acetal Fillport/T-Line Cap
Swiftech MCB-120 RadBox
1 bottle Pentosin G11 (UV blue) Coolant Additive
Petra'sTech Water Cooling Setup Guide

Would this be good to get to 3Ghz? I'm looking to spend about $260 max.

Hmm no reason for the Pentosin. Your not mixing metals in your loop as far as I can tell. If you want UV go with the Dtek dye. If this is your first time WCing I'd go with a reservoir (micro-res) instead of a T-line, but that is just my opinion. You could opt with the new swiftech rad and res in one 220s.

Would it be worth it to buy a 3x120 Rad, and get all of the other stuff separately, just so I might be able to cool my NB? Or would the 2x120 work?

Would it be worth it to buy a 3x120 Rad, and get all of the other stuff separately, just so I might be able to cool my NB? Or would the 2x120 work?

I'd get a 3x120 cause I'm paranoid and over-build, but a 2x120 /should/ be enough.

I'd get a 3x120 cause I'm paranoid and over-build, but a 2x120 /should/ be enough.

No need for a triple radiator for a CPU only loop... Like, at all.

Grab a triple if you *ever* think you might throw the GPU into the loop as well.

Alrighty, I've got my final decision, I'm just gonna buy separate components.

Dtek Fuzion
DDC-01 Pump
MCR-320 QP Rad
EK RES 250 reservoir

Now, what size of tubing/barbs should I use?

7/16" Masterkleer over 1/2" barbs. Boil the ends for ~30 seconds and jam them on, no need for clamps with most barbs.

Back